Author Topic: Cubus Designhaus Animation  (Read 9033 times)

2017-08-07, 11:53:05

gmsvision

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys  , we just finished this commercial project for CUBUS Designhaus GmbH  and want to share it with you.
Software - 3Ds Max , Corona, GrowFx, Photoshop, AfterFX,
I hope you guys will like it  C&C are  welcome.
Thanks.

« Last Edit: 2017-08-07, 13:01:47 by gmsvision »

2017-08-07, 12:04:46
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Amazing, I was especially impressed by the natural movement of the trees, and the flickering shadows generated by them.
Was there LightMix involved in the shots where lights are turned on?

This is also a great example where caustics would greatly improve the overall realism. Fortunately they are on the roadmap already: https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-08-07, 16:31:31
Reply #2

gmsvision

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you for the nice words maru!
Ya LightMix saved  the day for the lights  shots and also the last shot where the lights turn off following the music :P

caustics in 1.8 ......cant wait for this day  to come :P !!!!!

2017-08-08, 13:13:02
Reply #3

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice animation. I agree, plants are well animated. Did you made these yourself ?
Renders are really clean also, can you share a little bit more about your render settings ? I'm starting my first corona animation project, it would be usefull :)

2017-08-08, 15:04:33
Reply #4

Yanosh HRDY

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.hyh.fr
Bravo, very beautiful work, like my colleagues, impressed by the movements of plants and shadows worn, and the lights.

2017-08-09, 10:41:20
Reply #5

ska

• Active Users
    • View Profile
beautiful, colors are amazing.

2017-08-09, 15:41:18
Reply #6

impact design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • http://impactdesign.co.in/
Great work...
For our Regular updates Please visit our web
www.impactdesign.co.in

2017-08-10, 05:38:19
Reply #7

oncire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
awesome...

2017-08-11, 12:06:12
Reply #8

gmsvision

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice animation. I agree, plants are well animated. Did you made these yourself ?
Renders are really clean also, can you share a little bit more about your render settings ? I'm starting my first corona animation project, it would be usefull :)

y most of them are max tree grow fx models  with reworked materials and put wind modifiers for the animation.

Would advise to  1.always precalculate the uhd cashe  (use a frame in the midle of the animation)
                         2. dont use denoising if u want to save some time and denoise in post ( untick Lock sampling pattern if u do so )
                         3. we had some problems (noise patterns) using hdri if u you have same problems go  with corona sun and sky like we did

thank you

2017-08-11, 14:07:24
Reply #9

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thx for the feedback gmsvision.

Would advise to  1.always precalculate the uhd cashe  (use a frame in the midle of the animation)
                         2. dont use denoising if u want to save some time and denoise in post ( untick Lock sampling pattern if u do so )
                         3. we had some problems (noise patterns) using hdri if u you have same problems go  with corona sun and sky like we did

1. So for shots with wind animation, you have precalculated only one frame in the midle of the animation for the UHD cache ? And there was no flickering ? If you've done that this way, it's good to know.
2. That's what I planned
3. Hmm wasn't aware of this bug, I'll be carefull, thanks.

2017-08-11, 15:00:09
Reply #10

gmsvision

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thx for the feedback gmsvision.

1. So for shots with wind animation, you have precalculated only one frame in the midle of the animation for the UHD cache ? And there was no flickering ? If you've done that this way, it's good to know.
2. That's what I planned
3. Hmm wasn't aware of this bug, I'll be carefull, thanks.

1.ya that is what ondra said at the last corona-academy
3.dont think its a bug just didnt have the time to test it any further (send a scene to corona support ect )  due to  tight deadlines with this animation.But ya the noise pattern were pretty annoying... :P

2017-08-11, 15:28:53
Reply #11

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah I hope it's not a bug since reflection override is broken, it would be a serious bummer

2017-08-13, 04:40:07
Reply #12

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice work! and really nice clean dailly light... is that sun+sky or hdri? thanks!

2017-08-13, 18:39:26
Reply #13

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
BEAUTIFUL WORK! but i dont understand, how did you denoise all 2,700 frames in post? with photoshop or corona standalone denoiser? was it tedious to do? Also, how many minutes per frame?

2017-08-15, 14:24:13
Reply #14

gmsvision

• Active Users
    • View Profile
BEAUTIFUL WORK! but i dont understand, how did you denoise all 2,700 frames in post? with photoshop or corona standalone denoiser? was it tedious to do? Also, how many minutes per frame?

It was an animation so we denoised with MAGIC BULLET DENOISER III in After effects.The render time was around 7-10 min per frame for 100 passes.Thank you for you nice words :P