Author Topic: MultiLight and PotEffct Bloom Glare with REnderFarm  (Read 1966 times)

2017-01-30, 12:07:48

erikde

• Users
    • View Profile
I would like launch rendering on RenderFarm like anchComputing (that supporting v1.5 hotfix 2), but I would like get the possibilities to edit the final rendering image with MultiLight option and post prod effect like bloom glare... How to do to keep these setting and edit again when I launch on rendering farm.
In maxwell you can do it with the mxi file format that you can re-edit after rendering...
What setting for rendering I need to choose ? How to do ??? That is it possible with 1.5 ?

Waiting uyour feedback
Many thanks

2017-01-31, 16:48:03
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is possible to do using our CEXR file format, which unfortunately has some flaws right now. We are however close to releasing a fix, which will release its full potential.

Here are the instructions:
1. You have to make sure that the render farm supports saving to CEXR. This file format is available in the Save as dialog, just like jpg and other ones.
2. If the file is saved correctly, you will need to rename it from .CEXR to .EXR - this is just about changing the extension name, no modification to the file itself is required
3. Then take this EXR file and load it into Corona VFB by using the "Resume from file" option in Scene tab. You have to make sure that the scene which is currently opened in your 3ds Max is exactly the same file which was rendered.
4. You can either stop the rendering manually right after the image appears in the VFB, or you can use time limit of 1s. If all went fine, you should be able to adjust LightMix, bloom&glare, and other post processing options.

In the future releases we will make this process much more convenient. There will be also a standalone tool, which will allow loading CEXR files and tuning them just like in Corona VFB, but outside of the host application (e.g. 3ds Max).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-03-15, 15:41:32
Reply #2

realitybits

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru,
Is this still valid for the current version, 1.7 (hotfix3)?
Thank you in advance.

2018-04-13, 17:02:10
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, and sorry for the delay.
No, this is not valid any more.
Now we have CXR format for this. You can simply set output to CXR and then open this image in our standalone Corona Image Editor - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000030886
This can be used on render farms (however it is a good idea to contact them first and ask if they support it), and also when rendering for example with Deadline (the image can be rendered in strips/regions, then stitched, then opened in CIE.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us