Author Topic: Prevent crash on loadscene when IR is running  (Read 3384 times)

2016-09-29, 13:03:07

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hi guys,
I remember that some days ago I see a report that load new scene when IR is running will cause max crash. and I see that is true.
so, here i share a script that do what the title has explained :)
it doesn't do complex job but just does stop render and start IR on max file load and max reset events.
grab the attached file and place it to maxroot>script>startup before 3dsmax start.
I hope it will be useful, cheers!!
« Last Edit: 2016-09-30, 12:07:14 by noel20 »

2016-09-29, 14:00:56
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Works great, have thrown it into the shared startup scripts folder :) Thank you!

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-09-30, 04:53:51
Reply #2

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi frood, thanx for the feedback :)
a friend just said," it will be useful for user who always has IR running in separate desktop monitor, and don't have to worries the crash if he forgot to stop IR when load new scene. but anyway, crash shouldn't be exist in any program"
I hope ondra will implement it to corona with his max SDK (sorry ondra, I'm not trying to tell you how to do it). or maybe it is already planned :D
cheers !!

2016-09-30, 11:14:54
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I would love it! I need to reverse-engineer what the script does and do the same in C++. So far all my attempts were unsuccessful - I always got the "closing the scene" notification when it was already too late
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-30, 12:05:37
Reply #4

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
yes, thanx Ondra :D
I update the attachment, no methods change, it just comes with optimized or better codes.