Author Topic: Modeling Furniture  (Read 5550 times)

2016-09-12, 21:15:59

ska

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guyz,

What are you doing for funiture, do you buy models?
If you dont buy, how you model them ?By pictures references?
Is there place on the web, where can be found cad of modern furniture? Mostly of their manufacter dont have cads on official websites...
And do you sell your models?

2016-09-12, 22:29:59
Reply #1

GabaCGStudio

the solution is go to this website:
http://3dsky.org/

:]

2016-09-13, 01:15:54
Reply #2

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
I usually download from 3DSky (as GabaCGStudio suggested), TurboSquid and Design Connected :)

2016-09-13, 10:40:26
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It's about time someone started a modelling outsource start-up :- ) Yeah, tons of studios offer to do this, but I would like publicly commisioned and automated service through website.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-09-13, 11:14:08
Reply #4

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
90% i model furnitures by myself. because I'm working for a furniture manufacturer company :P
I got a rough sketch from designer and then I design the construction, then visualize the concept and create a final render for marketing purposes.
sometime some friends ask me to models custom furnitures. But there are some products I cant make it, complex sofa and rattan furniture.
you can find furnitures in 3Dsky, it has many hi-quality models.

2016-09-13, 12:23:49
Reply #5

GabaCGStudio

another choice is 3dwarehouse of sketchup , if you are looking for manufacture products :]

but need to good shading ...

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/

2016-09-15, 14:00:08
Reply #6

ska

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3ddd is good im buyin there,but somethimes cant find models... only way is modeling, with only reference is low res picture :|

2016-10-18, 17:34:52
Reply #7

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
I mean, how difficult is it to make high quality models of furniture like the ones on DesignConnected? How do those guys do it? Is it the sort of thing a few YouTube tutorials will help you get started on or is there a lot more depth to it? Is it necessary to model in 3dsMax versus Sketchup or Rhino?

2016-10-19, 03:06:09
Reply #8

serch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's about time someone started a modelling outsource start-up :- ) Yeah, tons of studios offer to do this, but I would like publicly commisioned and automated service through website.

Interesting :O , how much will you pay for a custom model?

2016-10-19, 14:21:26
Reply #9

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Interesting :O , how much will you pay for a custom model?

At least as much as on DesignConnected and more, or what they would demand as long as it's reasonable, they name the price. Willing to give the author also full right to keep the model and sell it.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!