Author Topic: Decals Alpha in Ctexmap  (Read 671 times)

2024-02-07, 12:41:07

Ahmad Kouti

• Active Users
  • CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • www.ahmadkouti.com
Hi,

I have a text that is placed on a surface by decals and I want to prepare the mask of that text by adding a decal opacity map in Ctexmap but don't work.

how can I do that in this method or another method(without UV mapping or unwrapping the model?

2024-02-07, 13:57:22
Reply #1

jasond

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Coincidentally I had the same issue yesterday when using cryptomatte. I switched to using a plane instead of a decal in this case and the mask worked. Ideally, decals appear in masks and may or may not have been a requested option.

2024-02-26, 14:14:00
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, the CMasking_ID render element seems to be working fine here. If you can't use it, can you explain what exactly you are trying to achieve?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-03-05, 19:36:43
Reply #3

Ahmad Kouti

• Active Users
  • CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • www.ahmadkouti.com
I have text(logo) on the radio product, the graphics team wants me to create a mask so that they can select the text and apply changes to it.

I put the text with a decal on the body of the radio(Attachment) and now I want to make a mask from it, but I have this problem.

2024-03-08, 11:07:46
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
What exactly do you mean by "this problem"? Masks should not be created using the CTexmap element. You can use the CMasking_ID element for this - I shared an example in my previous post. Is there some issue with that?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-03-09, 11:17:49
Reply #5

Ahmad Kouti

• Active Users
  • CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • www.ahmadkouti.com
What exactly do you mean by "this problem"? Masks should not be created using the CTexmap element. You can use the CMasking_ID element for this - I shared an example in my previous post. Is there some issue with that?

Thank you, CMasking_ID element worked for me.

« Last Edit: 2024-03-09, 11:21:31 by Ahmad Kouti »