Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

New Corona Physical Material (PBR) playground!

<< < (43/54) > >>

maru:

--- Quote from: pokoy on 2021-06-18, 18:49:47 ---
--- Quote from: maru on 2021-06-18, 09:23:16 ---I am still interested in seeing examples of:
- materials that are using IOR textures
- how materials with IOR textures are exported from various commonly used apps - what format are they exported to, what is their bit depth

--- End quote ---
As for materials with reflection color or IOR textures, basically anything with varying reflection amount on its surface:

- wood
- any sort of stone and minerals (with the exception of those polished for high gloss maybe)
- concrete, especially when mixed with additional stones or gravel etc
- skin (tiny sweat droplets etc)
- metals - almost any metal that's been touched/used will feature oxidation, impurities or stains etc that will result in varying reflection levels
- manmade surfaces that have seen any usage

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that almost everything will display varying reflection level. Absolute perfection will look artificial... an exception would be a water surface, maybe :D

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot. These examples are awesome. Some of them really opened my eyes. Just a few ideas, of course without discrediting your list:
- some of these effects could be achieved by using Layered Mtl with masks (mixing two or more different Physical Mtls)
- metal with oxidation - could be done with a metalness texture rather than IOR? (maybe?)
- some things (maybe skin with sweat) could be done with uniform IOR and a roughness map rather than IOR map

But even with that said, yes, I see the point.

The question now is:
If you were to create such materials with varying IOR - how would you do it? Procedural textures in 3ds Max? Some textures generated with 3rd party apps? If they were bitmaps, what file format and bit depth would you use?
What would be the simplest, most ideal solution for you?

MarkusB.:
Hi

i am wondering, why isnt the corona converter converting the 3dsmax Physical Material to a Corona Physical Material ? These materials get skipped.

Also is it possible to convert a Corona Physical Material back to a legacy one for backwards compatible reasong? That would be really good. I know you would loose some feature...

Mohammadreza Mohseni:
one of my tests on new physical material. awesome sheen layer.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33608.msg186807#msg186807

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: Mohammadreza Mohseni on 2021-06-23, 16:10:58 ---one of my tests on new physical material. awesome sheen layer.

--- End quote ---

Lovely work!

lupaz:

--- Quote from: Mohammadreza Mohseni on 2021-06-23, 16:10:58 ---one of my tests on new physical material. awesome sheen layer.

--- End quote ---

Really look forward to using the sheen layer. Looks awesome.
If I was the corona team I'd have split the "new features" and added sheen layer as a new feature instead of putting all together as PBR material.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version