Author Topic: Merge Corona Scatter into other file > source objects deleted  (Read 6341 times)

2020-11-23, 14:25:36

assifv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm using Corona for three years now and I'm very happy with it. In the latest version of Corona (6) I am no longer able to merge a Corona Scatter object correctly into another file. I thought this was possible in the previous versions, but I'm not entirely sure.

I have a library of scattered plants etc and when I import a Corona Scatter object, it is missing the linked source objects: the lines on which the plants are scattered and the plants themselves. When I merge, I make sure that I also import these source objects. I'm using 3ds Max 2020.

Is this a bug in the recent version of Corona renderer or am I doing something wrong?

2020-11-23, 17:23:23
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So you merge all of this?
- the Corona Scatter object
- the "distribute on" objects
- the instanced objects

If so, we will definitely double check this.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-11-24, 09:33:56
Reply #2

assifv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru, after testing some more I discovered that the issue is created by the Connecter app from Design Connected which I'm using to manage my asset library. When merging a file using their interface it strips the links to the linked files. Thanks for the help anyway!

2020-11-24, 10:27:14
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Does this also happens if you choose merge (max default)?

If the issue is reproducible, then it would be nice if you could report it to Connecter team - they are very responsive guys and are keen to fix all the issues they can.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-11-28, 10:02:25
Reply #4

assifv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, it also happens with the 'Merge (max default)', but I discovered that in the settings of the Connecter plugin you can make another option visible which is called 'Merge Original (max default)' and that does import the corona scatter correctly. I will also report the bug to the Connecter team as you mentioned Romullus.