Author Topic: Alpha 6 news ?  (Read 11354 times)

2014-03-13, 10:21:46

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
Any news on A6 ? I think you guys (devs) could try keeping the eagerly awaiting comunity updated more frequently ;)
Not everyone has the time to invest in too much testing to get to the dailies (i still dont get it why they are some sort of exclusive ? make usage of them on the own responsibility of the user etc. and you will get more intell on possible bugs - imho you can only benefit from it, not vice versa) .
On the other hand this renderer is so promissing that many would want to switch, and start rebuilding their props and assets, and work out their own workflows.
However - my own exaple - if it would turn out that the rendering speed in distributed mode is no sufficient to match the needs, it would be a waste of time for the time being untill corona gets faster :)
Cmon guys, we're facing serious decisions here, try to undestand and support your future customers :D !

2014-03-13, 11:02:29
Reply #1

LKEdesign

• Active Users
  • I'm addicted to Corona Render and I need NO cure.
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site
I understand the developers reluctance to give daily builds to everyone. Just look through the forums messages - and you see that there are some who even complain before they have touched the product, and complain like it was a finished product. Ensuring that people at least has had some rounds/battles with the more stable versions should take the top of unreasonable - and time consuming crap (pardon my french) from these kind of users.
Don't get me wrong, I am waiting for A6 like a little kid waiting for X-mas, and I would of course, like anyone, like to have it here and now. But having decided to drive on the safe side, only using stable alpha releases, - after all I use it in production. I have also by that said yes to wait for the release to be stable.
What good is a date if it is only a pseudo date? I mean, we have seen plenty of software houses releasing programs on a published date, and then it is crap and is afterwards followed by a stream of service packs. Isn't that the reason why most design studios wait 6 months to install the Autodesk releases, - just to be sure that the most severe bugs are killed. Be patient, it's just round the corner. I read somewhere on the forum that the folks at Corona has final developer meeting today and a date should be set.

“Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.”  (Molière)
All the best,
LKE Design
See my work at: http://www.lkedesign.dk/en/portfolio_en.html

2014-03-13, 12:14:14
Reply #2

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
Any news on A6 ? I think you guys (devs) could try keeping the eagerly awaiting comunity updated more frequently ;)
Not everyone has the time to invest in too much testing to get to the dailies (i still dont get it why they are some sort of exclusive ? make usage of them on the own responsibility of the user etc. and you will get more intell on possible bugs - imho you can only benefit from it, not vice versa) .
On the other hand this renderer is so promissing that many would want to switch, and start rebuilding their props and assets, and work out their own workflows.
However - my own exaple - if it would turn out that the rendering speed in distributed mode is no sufficient to match the needs, it would be a waste of time for the time being untill corona gets faster :)
Cmon guys, we're facing serious decisions here, try to undestand and support your future customers :D !

What decisions are you facing that you cannot cope with with A5?

2014-03-13, 12:18:51
Reply #3

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First of all you got my post too serious.
Seckond - I'm under strong impression vkiuru that you havent read my post at all - notice the part about distributed rendering ?

2014-03-13, 15:31:50
Reply #4

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
londonvisuals You sound polish
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-03-13, 16:38:21
Reply #5

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First of all you got my post too serious.
Seckond - I'm under strong impression vkiuru that you havent read my post at all - notice the part about distributed rendering ?

I did read your post but I admit I somehow missed that one crucial part of it :)

2014-03-13, 18:05:03
Reply #6

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tanakow, You sound polish too. But as far as i know we're both polish so i guess it's OK, isnt it ?
Your post was to have a deeper meaning, or what ? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what You were trying to say ;)
PS. i really like Your works posted here :)
« Last Edit: 2014-03-13, 18:18:56 by londonvisuals »

2014-03-14, 11:32:53
Reply #7

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
No, Is just the way you wrote second, only polish people write it that way even as a joke.

I didnt know that you are indeed polish, It was just a blind shot.

Ps. Thanks :)
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-03-14, 12:18:40
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-14, 13:41:13
Reply #9

godzio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
:) good info

2014-03-14, 15:04:52
Reply #10

tanooki

• Users
    • View Profile
Really really good news! Thanks for all your hardwork!

2014-03-14, 17:30:13
Reply #11

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome guys !
You're doing really great job! Cant wait to get my hands on it :D