Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

3ds Max stuck at startup when copying ChaosGroup ConversionScripts

(1/3) > >>

Tom:
Hi,

Today I'm unable to launch 3ds Max 2023: it starts as usual, and then in the bottom of the UI I have the following message: copy /Y "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2023\SceneConverter\ConversionScripts\ChaosGroup_To_*.ms" "C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\Scene Converter\ConversionScripts"

And it freezes.

I tried to delete the ENU located in C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2023 - 64bit but it doesn't work. A new ENU folder is created instead.

Thanks for your help I need my machine up and running asap.

Avi:
Hi,

Can you let me know which version of Corona you are using with your 3ds Max 2023 and can you navigate to this folder "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2023\SceneConverter\ConversionScripts" and tell me the full name of the script that is causing the issue?

I am currently using 3ds Max 2023 with Corona 9 HF 1 and in this location "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2023\SceneConverter\ConversionScripts" , I don't have any such script named as "ChaosGroup_To_*.ms"

Tom:
Hi Avi,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I use Corona 9 Hotfix 1. I've uninstalled 3ds Max and all the plugins. I am now installing everything from scratch again.

So I can't answer your question unfortunately. But I remember I had a look at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2023\SceneConverter\ConversionScripts and I didn't have such  script called ChaosGroup_To_*.ms neither.

It's weird. What are your thoughts?

Avi:
Hi,

since the full name and content of that script are unclear to me, I don't know what could have caused the issue.

But since you are reinstalling everything again, I hope it should fix the issue. If the issue persists, then we can look further into it.

pokoy:
I wonder if it has to do with the security checks in 3dsmax, they'll prevent scripts from execution and may restrict access to files. The security tools can be disabled, if you come across it again, maybe try to disable them and see if this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version