Author Topic: C4D Materials Question  (Read 1348 times)

2018-04-24, 18:32:14

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is only for converting a scene to Corona, but what is the rule of thumb for existing C4D materials that can be left alone and render fine with Corona vs. materials that should always be re-created using the Corona materials? For example, I'm sure it will be better to always use Corona materials for metal, glass, water, volumes, etc.

Just curious to know so I don't spend time re-creating materials that won't look any better using the Corona material system. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-24, 18:35:43 by BigAl3D »

2018-04-25, 14:24:14
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
This is only for converting a scene to Corona, but what is the rule of thumb for existing C4D materials that can be left alone and render fine with Corona vs. materials that should always be re-created using the Corona materials? For example, I'm sure it will be better to always use Corona materials for metal, glass, water, volumes, etc.

Just curious to know so I don't spend time re-creating materials that won't look any better using the Corona material system. Thanks.

Rule of thumb: Always use Corona materials, if possible. The support for C4D (and VRay) materials exists only for compatibility and conversion reasons.