Author Topic: - Lock exposure (Modifier and Camera rolllout) -  (Read 3397 times)

2013-09-13, 19:14:05

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Hi,

I don't know if you have my same experience.
Every time I'm working with camera exposure I've this problem. I want to explain me...
for example, I find the correct settings for exposure, but DOF is too strong.
I play with f-stop, or shutter speed, but, obviously, exposure changes.
So, my request:
why not add a check-box like "lock exposure" So, if I change f-stop, ISO change accordingly?

2013-09-13, 19:40:57
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Or a checkbox to make all camera's exposure settings independent from DOF settings. (fake DOF)

btw, don't want to make offtop but this reminds me of an argue I had with one guys some time ago, he absolutely believed that that ISO setting in vray's camera affects noise just like in real camera :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-13, 20:03:09
Reply #2

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
btw, don't want to make offtop but this reminds me of an argue I had with one guys some time ago, he absolutely believed that that ISO setting in vray's camera affects noise just like in real camera :)

LOL :D

On Topic:
This shouldn't be a big problem - an "aperture / shutter speed" lock which modifies the iso value and leaves everything else as it is should be a trivial task to implement. I thought about doing it as a scripted modifier plugin but it would be better if it was natively supported by corona.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-09-13, 20:11:44
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Imagine a situation where you find your dream exposure and dof and you want to alter motion blur. :) I think there should be an option to tune dof and motion blur independent from camera settings.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-13, 21:34:35
Reply #4

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2013-09-16, 18:02:18
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Do you people even read/listen? I am repeating myself for the 4th time. If you just do not use photographic exposure, then you can do exactly that. Tune DoF and MB with your dream exposure. Only difference being that you will be using EC parameter instead of ISO one.