Author Topic: mayaToCorona Bugs  (Read 15188 times)

2014-02-22, 10:35:32

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be great if you could post mayaToCorona bugs here. Thanks a lot.

2014-03-02, 15:14:30
Reply #1

ind3x77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Receiving this message while hitting ESC during render process

2014-03-02, 15:59:36
Reply #2

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This was done with the current version 0.21? The version should appear in the script editor if you load the plugin. This should not happen any more with the updated version.

2014-03-03, 10:24:41
Reply #3

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Haggi thanks for update.
- Some complex scenes continue crushes. You Round corners scene crashes on start render
- round corners feature works fine, but it is unclear whether the units parameter "radius"? (it would be perfectly in scene units)
- I can not assign a shader on the right mouse button, just across hypershade

What analog parameter in max: "adaptivity"  and GI tab "Hemi subdiv"?
Look forward to: Textures gamma correction, subdivision, IES

2014-03-03, 12:25:44
Reply #4

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback. Any chance to give me access to one of the scene which crash? I'll modify the round corners attribute to mimic scene units.

2014-03-04, 01:40:47
Reply #5

ind3x77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've received the following error while trying to open the render options window:

Code: [Select]
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/createMayaSoftwareCommonGlobalsTab.mel line 1615: Could not find a control named 'startFrameCtrl'.
After clicking the icon again the window appeared, but without any content.

Edit: Apperently the whole scene was damaged. The render settings windows was without any content, no matter what renderer was selected an no matter the corona plugin was loaded or not. After creating a new file, saving it, closing and restarting maya the previos scene now works again fine. Curious...
« Last Edit: 2014-03-04, 13:10:39 by ind3x77 »

2014-03-04, 07:48:42
Reply #6

ohsnapitsjoel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!  I'm getting an incomplete rendered image when using bucket rendering.  I'm using the default scene here, of course.  The render gets almost to the end, and it stops, with some portions of the second pass unfinished.

2014-03-04, 08:11:15
Reply #7

ohsnapitsjoel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also get crashes any time I try to export the scene without rendering.  I was trying to do this because I was interested in looking at what camera information was being exported.  I'm getting a lot of "banding" and streaks in the DoF when trying to render with DoF enabled ( and the DoF is REALLY strong compared to, say, MR if I use the same settings), and it looks like the same banding effect that happens in Corona Standalone when the sensor width is set too high.

So that brings me to another question: can someone walk me through how to set up DoF to get the expected results? :)

2014-03-04, 09:40:21
Reply #8

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've received the following error while trying to open the render options window:

Code: [Select]
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/createMayaSoftwareCommonGlobalsTab.mel line 1615: Could not find a control named 'startFrameCtrl'.
After clicking the icon again the window appeared, but without any content.
This is the only message? Could you try to load only the plugin and see if there appears any error message in the script editor or in the output window?

2014-03-04, 09:42:02
Reply #9

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!  I'm getting an incomplete rendered image when using bucket rendering.  I'm using the default scene here, of course.  The render gets almost to the end, and it stops, with some portions of the second pass unfinished.
Could you have a look at the saved image and check if it appears only in the renderview or in the final image as well?

2014-03-04, 09:48:02
Reply #10

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also get crashes any time I try to export the scene without rendering.  I was trying to do this because I was interested in looking at what camera information was being exported.  I'm getting a lot of "banding" and streaks in the DoF when trying to render with DoF enabled ( and the DoF is REALLY strong compared to, say, MR if I use the same settings), and it looks like the same banding effect that happens in Corona Standalone when the sensor width is set too high.

So that brings me to another question: can someone walk me through how to set up DoF to get the expected results? :)

The difference is because I modify the scene corresponding to the scene units. If scene unit is centimeter, the whole scene is scaled down to a fit into Corona.

2014-03-04, 10:16:23
Reply #11

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Haggianother bug I found.

The previous rendered images are not present in the renderview.

If you render a scene and after that render launch another render, and then you go back to see the previous render, that previous render is black.

Cheers.

2014-03-04, 10:34:22
Reply #12

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's an interesting one. I have no influence at all how maya handles the saved images. I'll have a look if I can find something. It happens with bucket rendering and with progressive as well?

2014-03-04, 15:50:22
Reply #13

ohsnapitsjoel

• Active Users
    • View Profile

The difference is because I modify the scene corresponding to the scene units. If scene unit is centimeter, the whole scene is scaled down to a fit into Corona.

I figured that out eventually, it's under the render settings in "CoronaTranslator" tab, right? :)

2014-03-04, 19:34:59
Reply #14

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just tested it, and you are completly right, it is waaaay to much blurred. I'll have a look.