Author Topic: A resource guide for 3D artists  (Read 6066 times)

2016-03-20, 00:15:44

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey everyone. I created a blog about all the different types of 3D programs as well as links to popular 3D models, texture and vegetation sites. I haven't really come across many guides on the internet that have a collection of all the different 3D resources available in a easy to navigate manner. let me know what you think, or if there is anything you want me to add. This is my first blog post but I will continue to make more over time.

http://www.l3dvisuals.com/#!Resource-Guide-for-3D-Artists-and-Studios/bg260/56d615840cf2cacdc42166d6

2016-03-20, 03:38:35
Reply #1

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good work man!

2016-03-21, 12:17:45
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Corona - $611.00 or $28.00/month

Corona renderer, developed by Adam Hotový andJaroslav Křivánek, is the newest 3D render engine to hit the market. While not as mature as Vray the Corona engine, it can achieve similar results at even faster speeds. Also, unlike Vray, Corona render has a fast learning curve as you can get amazing results                                                  with a minimal change in settings.
Where did you find this info? :O
The prices are wrong. The rest is wrong. Please fix it. Also, your English is not very good - maybe it would make sense to ask some native speaker or someone with better skills to help you with the texts...
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-21, 13:46:19
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
also renderman is not new renderer. For gods sake, it is the oldest renderer out there ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-21, 14:16:52
Reply #4

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And there's an option to rent C4D now which you don't mention:

http://www.evermotion.org/articles/show/10027/you-can-now-rent-maxon-cinema-4d-for-3-or-6-months

It's a nice overview but it's not up to date nor reliable.

2016-03-21, 15:18:02
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The prices are wrong. The rest is wrong. Please fix it. Also, your English is not very good - maybe it would make sense to ask some native speaker or someone with better skills to help you with the texts...

Wouldn't it be better if you as Corona team member provide correct information, so OP can paste it in article?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-03-21, 15:58:10
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Wouldn't it be better if you as Corona team member provide correct information, so OP can paste it in article?
I just thought it's easy enough, but let me do it... kind of. ;)
https://sites.fastspring.com/coronarenderer/product/multi-license-selector
https://corona-renderer.com/about/

2016-03-21, 16:12:22
Reply #7

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, you've made but a damage to self...

Here, a few words to contemplate on, while you travel the path: thesis, article, journalism, analysis, research, literature, grammar, lecture, interaction, public, university... "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
... and an exemplary starting points (source: fxguide):
1.) The Art of Rendering
2.a) The State of Rendering 1
2.b) The State of Rendering 2

2016-03-21, 17:25:57
Reply #8

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Prices are converted to US prices, and I decided to just give  basic information to people of the prices for now depending on how many people read the bog.This is not meant to be a thesis on every aspect of 3D. If people are really liking this information then I will add more price guides. I will fix some of the language mistakes asap! I also wanted to describe the programs and software in my own words instead of just copying and pasting everything as well.

Yeah I know Render Man is a old one (I currently work with someone who worked with PIXAR and a pioneer with Render Man). I just haven't seen it used by many people until recently since they came out with the free non commercial version. I am also not a big Maya user, and haven't done much with it since university so I will rely on other people helping me out with getting all the correct information with that.

I do appreciate the feedback.

2016-03-21, 21:37:22
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Prices are converted to US prices
If you go to the link I have posted (Corona pricing) and change country to USA in the order form, you will see proper USD prices. Converting won't work here.

2016-03-21, 21:40:57
Reply #10

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh I see where the problem was. Since I live in Canada it was showing me the Canadian prices, but it had the Euro symbol next to it so I assumed it was the price in Euro's.

2016-03-21, 23:35:15
Reply #11

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Thanx for starting the resource page.

Never knew about Adobe Fuse. I'll stop building my 3D full body scan rig, now. :0

Holy crap excellent resource for mid/back ground people populating.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2016-03-22, 00:08:20
Reply #12

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fuse is great for adding mid quality people to your 3D scenes. Easy to use, and you can even export it fully rigged,and unwrapped. Adobe fuse is also relatively new so I can assume we will see many new features and options added over time.