Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 109824 times)

2019-05-04, 20:35:30
Reply #360

Rendermonkey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Firstly, thank you romullus for assisting me here on the weekend! :)

I mean the ColorMap under general textures, the standard color picker doesn't even deal with sRGB.
If I put in the Values there everything is working fine and the values are correctly set.

2019-05-05, 14:12:25
Reply #361

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've had this issue for the latest 2 builds, when i render using DR, the frame buffer Beauty pass will go black randomly after a few minutes, then if I cycle between the elements and back to beauty it will show up again, then go black after some minutes. When render ends it is randomly either saving or not saving the beauty (black layer) depending on if it shows or not at the time. In some cases the other elements also would have the alpha wrong as in a big blag square of the element missing or added. Anyone having same issue? could it be a memory leak when it receives data from the render nodes?

2019-05-05, 15:53:21
Reply #362

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
I've had this issue for the latest 2 builds, when i render using DR, the frame buffer Beauty pass will go black randomly after a few minutes, then if I cycle between the elements and back to beauty it will show up again, then go black after some minutes. When render ends it is randomly either saving or not saving the beauty (black layer) depending on if it shows or not at the time. In some cases the other elements also would have the alpha wrong as in a big blag square of the element missing or added. Anyone having same issue? could it be a memory leak when it receives data from the render nodes?

+1 exactly the same issue. Haven’t had any loss when saving out (to Cxr) but the black VFB during DR is identical. I agree that it happens with the DR machines send their data back to the workstation - I played with how many passes it takes between sending the data back and got less frequent black screen. Flicking back and forth to other elements gives the same behaviour too (returning VFB back to normal).

2019-05-05, 17:21:18
Reply #363

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

I mean the ColorMap under general textures, the standard color picker doesn't even deal with sRGB.
If I put in the Values there everything is working fine and the values are correctly set.

You're welcome. I found the topic where this problem is explained: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15792.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-06, 10:15:03
Reply #364

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

+1 exactly the same issue. Haven’t had any loss when saving out (to Cxr) but the black VFB during DR is identical. I agree that it happens with the DR machines send their data back to the workstation - I played with how many passes it takes between sending the data back and got less frequent black screen. Flicking back and forth to other elements gives the same behaviour too (returning VFB back to normal).

Hi,

Would you both be able to provide me with your scenes? I am currently trying to reproduce this, but so far I have been unsucessful.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-05-06, 22:55:10
Reply #365

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel

Hi,

Would you both be able to provide me with your scenes? I am currently trying to reproduce this, but so far I have been unsucessful.

Thanks,

Rowan

I can send you a scene tomorrow. I had the exact same issue happen today on a completely new scene without using DR. I already sent an email and video to Corona as there is a ticket open already for 2 other issues.
Where should I send the file? New ticket or one that open?

2019-05-07, 06:41:19
Reply #366

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

I can send you a scene tomorrow. I had the exact same issue happen today on a completely new scene without using DR. I already sent an email and video to Corona as there is a ticket open already for 2 other issues.

How strange, with the latest update this started to happen on a new scene and without DR too at my work computer. so my home computer, work computer, two different setups with two different farms, different projects. you start interactive and after a couple passes it goes black, move the camera it comes back, then goes black after 2 or 3 passes.

2019-05-07, 09:47:14
Reply #367

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Can you either submit a new support ticket, or create a post in the bug reporting section and we'll continue there as to not flood this discussion.

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2019-05-07, 09:52:50 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2019-05-07, 11:28:57
Reply #368

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!
Found a problem. I can't make a black and white image.
3ds max 2016, "dailyBuild May 3 2019"

2019-05-07, 11:53:02
Reply #369

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Hi!
I was planning to post the same thing tomorrow as a problem. Additionally, I found another problem, which made me delay my project submission with 2 weeks until I realised where was the problem.
2 Images attached.
The image where I used Corona 3.2 three months ago to render an animation the pool water was looking like on the attached.
A round of revision came in and I had to update some parts of that animation, but I updated already to the latest daily build (at that time). The result of the pool water was not expected while nothing else was changed for that part of the sequence. Two days ago I have tried to render the only 1 frame with the latest daily - the results as obvious.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2019-05-07, 13:19:00
Reply #370

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
I just saw this line in the Trello for Corona 4 bugfixes: "Fix CoronaProxy bad performance, memory usage in some situations"

Does "in some situations" have anything to do with loading proxies over 10Gb Ethernet? We've been troubleshooting a slow to open max file where removing the proxies (held on a server via 10GBe) seems to remedy the problem.

Sorry to bump this but I feel that it got snowed under by other posts.

2019-05-07, 14:38:26
Reply #371

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!
I was planning to post the same thing tomorrow as a problem. Additionally, I found another problem, which made me delay my project submission with 2 weeks until I realised where was the problem.
2 Images attached.
The image where I used Corona 3.2 three months ago to render an animation the pool water was looking like on the attached.
A round of revision came in and I had to update some parts of that animation, but I updated already to the latest daily build (at that time). The result of the pool water was not expected while nothing else was changed for that part of the sequence. Two days ago I have tried to render the only 1 frame with the latest daily - the results as obvious.

Hi,

So the saturation bug has been noted quite a few times already in this thread. A fix is coming soon for it.

I'm not quite sure I understand your description of the second issue. You say that you already realised where the problem was, is this correct?
If not, please can you provide your scene to me? Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture, please don't forget to let me know the name of the scene.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-05-07, 16:01:35
Reply #372

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I just saw this line in the Trello for Corona 4 bugfixes: "Fix CoronaProxy bad performance, memory usage in some situations"

Does "in some situations" have anything to do with loading proxies over 10Gb Ethernet? We've been troubleshooting a slow to open max file where removing the proxies (held on a server via 10GBe) seems to remedy the problem.

Sorry to bump this but I feel that it got snowed under by other posts.

Hi,

Sorry we missed this one earlier. We would genernally expect that the system caches the files intelligently, but this might not always be the case.

So in order for us to investigate, it would be really helpful for us to get a copy of your scene and assets if possible?

Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture, please don't forget to let me know the name of the file which you have uploaded.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-05-07, 17:35:25
Reply #373

bhiggins

• Users
    • View Profile
Good morning,

We are getting the error "ending sampling mask to slaves timed out. Try to increase synchronization time or decrease maximum pixels per transfer" when rendering with DR. We believe this is causing corona to crash and has been a pain to deal with for the last couple months.

Is there something we are missing or can do to mitigate this issue? We've tried reducing max pixels per transfer but are still experiencing crashes.

We are on the current 5/3 daily build. This issue has plagued us from Corona 3 hotfix 2.

2019-05-07, 21:26:59
Reply #374

Rendermonkey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rendermonkey on 2019-05-04, 20:35:30

You're welcome. I found the topic where this problem is explained: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15792.0

Okay, I see the sense of this behavior. I would like to prefer keeping the values sRGB insted directly converting them to linear (like in the standard color map) because then you can better track changes you already made. Think of a Scene where you have to use sRGB values from a range of product pictures and later on some of the colors doesn't seem to be right anymore, then you can still compare the values that you have once picked.
This maybe only a personal preference but workflow friendly.

KR