Author Topic: Corona for Chaos Cloud?  (Read 2946 times)

2020-12-08, 17:47:44

Lightning_Bolt

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Is there any new information as whether Chaos Cloud will be made available for Corona in the near future? I know last year Ondra quite obviously hinted it would be available with the post "There is a reason it was renamed to Chaos Cloud from VRay Cloud ;)" but that is not too far off from being 2 years ago.

Our studio definitely wants to head over to cloud for various reasons so we are now looking into all the possibilities. The easiest option would be if Chaos cloud was available for Corona but in its absence a switch back to Vray is being considered. Looking online I can't find any news about it. Has anyone heard anything at all?

Thanks in advance.

2020-12-08, 22:47:14
Reply #1

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What is the benefit of going with Chaos Cloud vs an online render farm? I thought I looked into it a while back and it was expensive compared to online render farms, but maybe something changed?

2020-12-15, 16:25:58
Reply #2

Lightning_Bolt

• Users
    • View Profile
The main benefit is being able to see the Renders as they render. We render a high number of renders and the design is usually changing to the very last minute. Obviously with our renderfarm we can check the progress of the renders, see if everything looks ok, cancel renders, stop renders early if we think the noise limit is enough etc. Basically we are looking for that same level of control.

From what I can tell Chaos Cloud is the only farm that allows you to actually see the image as it is rendering? All other cloud services you have to wait for the image to be fully rendered to see it. Though maybe this is incorrect; We've only used Rebus farm before so happy for suggestions for other cloud rendering services.

2020-12-23, 22:50:35
Reply #3

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Gotcha,  Yeah I would like to know more about Chaos Cloud also, especially price.  I cannot figure out what it would cost with there credit system vs say rebusfarm.