Author Topic: CoronaUvwRandomizer SLOW renders!  (Read 2652 times)

2020-11-08, 01:17:02

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We are working on an animation right now of a Clubhouse, exteriors and interiors.  Render times where getting long, couldn't understand why.  I started in on a new room, locker room, and only added one texture so far.  The wood texture for the lockers, and off-set the texture U & V using CoronaUvwRandomizer node.  Works like a charm but render times where 8 minutes a frame.  I then realized all renders where taking long due to the CoronaUvwRandomizer nodes we are using.  I removed the CoronaUvwRandomizer from the shader then the render time went from 8min down to 1.5min.  Is this normal for the CoronaUvwRandomizer to take so much longer to render?

Windows 10 Pro
3dsmax 2020
Corona 6 Final
3990x

2020-11-08, 03:44:23
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It will add something to render times, mostly dependent on whether "High Quality Filtering" is enabled or not (if enabled, it will be most noticeably longer). Was it enabled in your case, does disabling it improve render times, and not sacrifice the end result you are looking for?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-11-08, 20:31:49
Reply #2

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi TomG, Yes "High Quality Filtering" was on. I turned it off and render was 2min55sec. So for comparison:

NO CoronaUvwRandomizer                                   - 1min 30sec
CoronaUvwRandomizer High Quality Filtering OFF   - 2min 55sec
CoronaUvwRandomizer High Quality Filtering ON    - 6min 57sec

Still seems odd it takes so long.

2020-12-08, 16:32:32
Reply #3

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just wondering if Dev's have taken a look at this, the times seem to be way to long to render.  That's if 1 texture is used utilizing CoronaUvwRandomizer, I'm thinking multiple will be a large problem maybe.

And if a Dev responds to this post, can you see about fixing why I do not receive notifications to email about replies, I check the box every time.  I hate to think forum members or Dev's think I don't care to reply when I'm not even aware I'm getting replies.

2020-12-10, 17:03:57
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry for the delay, if you wish to get email notifications about new posts in this thread, you can scroll up and click the "notify" button at the top-right of the page.

As to your original issue:
First of all, can you please explain what exactly you mean by "higher render time"? You are counting the time to reach:
- the same visual quality?
- the same noise level?
- the same pass number?
- something else...?

The reason why I am asking is that the same material with the UVW Randomizer enabled and disabled may produce completely different results, so comparing these two when rendering, for example, to a specific noise limit might not make sense at all.

It would be also great if you could at least show us an example image of the results you are getting, or even better send us the problematic scene with instructions how to reproduce the issue: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Lastly, the best place to report issues if you need immediate help is our support portal: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
The forum threads may easily get overlooked (just like this one).

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-12-10, 17:15:15
Reply #5

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru,  Thank you for the response.  As for the notify button, I always click that but never receive notifications.  Maybe I should make a ticket on that.

As for the UVW Randomizer I always render by Noise amount.  but like I said the render times greatly increase with UVW Randomizer.  Let me put something together to show you.

2020-12-10, 17:52:01
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
When you click the "notify" button, does it change for you into "unnotify"? I have just done that so I should get notified about your next reply here.

Waiting for examples / scene. Thanks!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-12-11, 04:36:19
Reply #7

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When you click the "notify" button, does it change for you into "unnotify"? I have just done that so I should get notified about your next reply here.

Waiting for examples / scene. Thanks!
Yes it changes and everything, but I receive nothing to my email. I check it when I make a post under the attachments and other options dropdown.