Author Topic: 'Tears in the purple rain'  (Read 2766 times)

2020-03-25, 17:22:55

Jake Williams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • NOMINN
I think we can call this one ‘Tears in the purple rain’. A combined homage to both Blade Runner and Prince. I was listening to Prince for a while as I worked on this and it wasn’t until I was nearly finished that I realized I was unknowingly making a complete recreation of the Purple Rain album cover. If you know, you know. Cheers to @fabiopalvelli for providing the base car mesh. Got a few days of entertainment out of it. It’s a 1968 Alfa Romeo Carabo concept car which I thought would fit perfectly into the cyberpunk genre. Image created with 3ds Max, Corona, and Substance Painter.

Jake Williams - Owner

NOMINN - Visualization Studio

2020-03-25, 17:36:25
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the first has a very Syd Mead look to it! Nicely done!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-03-26, 11:50:41
Reply #2

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the first has a very Syd Mead look to it! Nicely done!
Right on point !

2020-03-28, 18:09:31
Reply #3

Jake Williams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • NOMINN
Cheers guys!
Jake Williams - Owner

2020-04-14, 01:37:50
Reply #4

mateusz_s

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think we can call this one ‘Tears in the purple rain’. A combined homage to both Blade Runner and Prince. I was listening to Prince for a while as I worked on this and it wasn’t until I was nearly finished that I realized I was unknowingly making a complete recreation of the Purple Rain album cover. If you know, you know. Cheers to @fabiopalvelli for providing the base car mesh. Got a few days of entertainment out of it. It’s a 1968 Alfa Romeo Carabo concept car which I thought would fit perfectly into the cyberpunk genre. Image created with 3ds Max, Corona, and Substance Painter.

Nice.. looks more like a drawing :)
What was your Substance to Corona workflow? How did you converted materials?

2020-04-14, 03:47:28
Reply #5

Jake Williams

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • NOMINN
Man, I have not quite been able to figure out the best way to convert the materials yet. Still quite new to this workflow. For this one I tried this script by Igor Novik that worked pretty well for the materials with metal. But other than that its usually a bit of manually tweaking the Corona shader to have the right amount of reflection. The Corona preset in Substance Painter never seems to get it quite right. In the end I just accept that it might never be the same as in painter.
Jake Williams - Owner