Author Topic: Connecter vs Project Manager (Project & Asset Manager)  (Read 4593 times)

2018-01-09, 16:04:01

vfga10

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I know it is not a Corona related Question, but I'd like to know you opinion about 2 different software.
Have you used Connecter App (Design Connected) or Project Manager (KStudio).
In our Studio we have used Connecter for the last year, but now that they are launching a new Pro version, I'd like to know if anyone has tried both and can tell me the differences, pro & cons of each and you favourite.

Thank you,
Victor
« Last Edit: 2018-01-10, 10:20:35 by vfga10 »

2018-01-09, 16:07:41
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Didn't know about Connecter Pro. Will there be Connecter Lite? I'm getting used to that tool, would be sad to lose it :[
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-01-09, 16:24:02
Reply #2

vfga10

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The free version is going to remain, but the Pro version (named Connecter for Teamwork) would be better to used between different users inside a studio and I believe it would be faster, hopefully

2018-01-19, 22:35:06
Reply #3

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use Project manager and kind of like it, it's a good tool to show your existing file structure and you can select all objects in a folder and batch generate previews using your own studio setup. It has a built-in batch search and rename and you can pull an object or material from a scene and add it to your library, making it a good tool to harvest from your old work. I don't know if Connecter can do anything of this, but it seems as a good tool as well. I like that you can have multiple images/previews associated with an object.

2019-01-28, 22:50:09
Reply #4

Erald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys, do you know of a file manager that can also read Rhino files/Rhino blocks?