Author Topic: Swedish Apartment  (Read 16115 times)

2015-01-05, 11:43:14

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I´m starting off this year with a new personal project.

I´ve taken inspiration from different apartments found at fantasticfrank.se and bo-laget.com.

Regards,

Daniel

2015-01-05, 14:28:06
Reply #1

Art15

• Active Users
  • Freelancer
    • View Profile
The lighting, I like!
The world is a work in progress

www.behance.net/ArthurVieira

2015-01-05, 14:51:33
Reply #2

Kristoffer Andersen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Some of the best interior renders I've seen with Corona. Well done!

2015-01-05, 15:43:13
Reply #3

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Superb ! I really like the second shot. How did you make the fog effect on the ceiling lamp ?
Congrats, and I agree with Kristoffer Andersen...
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2015-01-05, 15:51:20
Reply #4

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmmm... i really like the cloth material.
Did you mind sharing some material's settings?. Is just a lot of this stuff here on the forums looks like plaster or plastic or worse.
This one looks just rigth.
Well done.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-05, 21:50:34 by borisquezadaa »
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2015-01-05, 21:38:23
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Very pleasing light. Feels warm, natural, very easy on eyes. I would say great images !

Just in case you can accept critique, the bed is mediocre in my eyes. Veronika and I call it (in general), "undercomputed" simulation, where I can still see MarvelousD errors in mesh but also visual inconsistency in creasing and detail, leading towards CGI-ish look. It's always good to go lowest possible (3?) in density and let it compute for hours,
even though it looks ok after few minutes. The algorithm does actually get very slow and starts processing certain chunks, leading often to radical difference after few hours of computation (often overnight). Marvelous is fast, but not fast enough for final quality. It's good to think of it, and sacrifice those hours to finish the simulation.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-05, 22:53:36
Reply #6

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The lighting, I like!

Thanks!

Some of the best interior renders I've seen with Corona. Well done!

Thank you for the kind words!

Superb ! I really like the second shot. How did you make the fog effect on the ceiling lamp ?
Congrats, and I agree with Kristoffer Andersen...

Thank you! That is a result of using Arion Fx during the post-processing.

Hmmm... i really like the cloth material.
Did you mind sharing some material's settings?. Is just a lot of this stuff here on the forums looks like plaster or plastic or worse.
This one looks just rigth.
Well done.

Thanks! Sure, but which of the cloth-materials are you thinking of?

Very pleasing light. Feels warm, natural, very easy on eyes. I would say great images !

Just in case you can accept critique, the bed is mediocre in my eyes. Veronika and I call it (in general), "undercomputed" simulation, where I can still see MarvelousD errors in mesh but also visual inconsistency in creasing and detail, leading towards CGI-ish look. It's always good to go lowest possible (3?) in density and let it compute for hours,
even though it looks ok after few minutes. The algorithm does actually get very slow and starts processing certain chunks, leading often to radical difference after few hours of computation (often overnight). Marvelous is fast, but not fast enough for final quality. It's good to think of it, and sacrifice those hours to finish the simulation.

Thanks! Absolutely, you can always improve your work so constructive critique is good! And I agree regarding the bed. This time it was me being lazy, so I used a bed I did a while back when I should have created a new one from scratch. I find it kind of hard to create beds so that is something I´m going to look into further :)

2015-01-05, 23:13:49
Reply #7

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Man i just love your lighting, always have an awesome mood,

BTW... are the chairs in the kitchen floating?
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2015-01-06, 00:20:00
Reply #8

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Man i just love your lighting, always have an awesome mood,

BTW... are the chairs in the kitchen floating?

Thank you! A friend asked me the same question, but there are plastic-things that are hard to see. I´ve attached a picture that easier shows them :)

2015-01-06, 01:12:14
Reply #9

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
That is a result of using Arion Fx during the post-processing.

How do you like it... ? We had this as small discussion recently in other topic, with neither of us being impressed much. Do you feel it helps you better compared to plugins like CameraRaw and Looks ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-01-06, 10:00:35
Reply #10

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That is a result of using Arion Fx during the post-processing.

How do you like it... ? We had this as small discussion recently in other topic, with neither of us being impressed much. Do you feel it helps you better compared to plugins like CameraRaw and Looks ?

Interesting, here on Corona forum?

I had some problems with Looks (mostly with high-res exr-files, bad zoom,not being able to zoom 100% on higher than 2k renders, and other problems) otherwise I really like Looks. CameraRaw is also really nice!

Regarding ArionFx, I both like it and not. The bloom and glare are quite nice, but without a zoom-function it seems outdated and it´s pretty hard to see what the result is, especially on 5k renders. I also ran in to problems from the moment I tried using it on something like png-files (anything other than 32-bit). I really think it could be a good plugin if the developer listens to the customers needs. I mailed them asking politely if they have any plans on adding a zoom feature and it felt like the person answering me laughed in my face like I was stupid for wanting to be able to zoom...

Have you tried it Juraj? If so, what are your thoughts?

2015-01-06, 10:46:08
Reply #11

mito_O

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great work , like the atmosphere alot :)
could share some lighting setup ?? :)

2015-01-06, 10:47:46
Reply #12

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Very good work! No critics from me)!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2015-01-06, 14:30:25
Reply #13

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well... if i had too choose i would say the grey cover bed. :D
I'm curious about Arion... wonder if it worth the shot for small renders like mine.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2015-01-06, 14:50:16
Reply #14

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I mailed them asking politely if they have any plans on adding a zoom feature and it felt like the person answering me laughed in my face like I was stupid for wanting to be able to zoom...

Have you tried it Juraj? If so, what are your thoughts?

LOL, sorry for the experience, but that seems like the general consensus of RandomControl. They're after all the guys who shut down the forum to stop people complaining :- ). Communication was obviously never their strong part...

I tried it briefly, but not sure it felt comfortable. Various preset settings, sort of chaotic. Actually I forgot more, maybe I should dig up my former answer on this forum :- D But I should try it again.

Yeah Looks does have issue with hi-res files, they look somehow re-sampled. Definitely have to switch with native app back and forth (more easily done in After Effects than PS, where I would have to use smart layer to do so).