Author Topic: REBUS RenderFarm  (Read 170735 times)

2014-03-28, 22:38:12

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi all

We are a commercial renderfarm www.RebusFarm.net and we supporting Corona render now.

We can render still image distributed using 100 (or 25) render render nodes.
Aswell animations with upto 850 nodes.
Each node is 12core Xeon of 2,4ghz and 32GB Ram.

Since Corona support Progresive rendering we have implemented a pretty new workflow for still images.
Using Progressive you can setup the render costs in advance. No more question "how much" a render whould
costs since YOU tell me how much it can :-)

If you register you get fee 25 euro automaticly. Send a simple test and see the magic!
The workflow is super simple and easy.
Install a little Plugin to 3ds and start renders directly out of 3ds in the farm with only 3 clicks.

If render output is wrong or if you thing you found a bug let me know and I polish the system

happy render.

andre
www.Rebusfarm.net
« Last Edit: 2019-05-31, 07:46:25 by QuakeMarine1 »

2014-03-29, 19:34:43
Reply #1

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm never used a render farm service before but for some of my recent projects I think I might have to start. Could you quickly do a run down of how the process works? I've watched the attached video but I'm unsure exactly how my max file gets rendered on your system.

1. Does my max file + textures get uploaded before it can be rendered (if so I'd be looking at uploading hundreds of MB's).
2. What happens if my internet connection cuts out at any time?
3. Is the file format / size of the rendered image in any way limited?
4. Do you support region rendering and if so how is this charged?
5. Rather than setting an absolute pass limit am I able to watch the image being rendered progressively in real time on my machine, and then cancel the render to obtain the final image after x amount of passes?
6. Does your service support the use of 3rd party material / modifier plugins being used in my max scene? i.e forest pro, rail clone e.t.c

Sorry if some of these question are elementary, thanks for taking the time to answer them.
Vray who?

2014-03-29, 21:28:28
Reply #2

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1 you install a little plugin to 3ds - its called Farminizer and he care about all nessessary points
not care about textures and pathes - just send the job the way you sse it in the video - you can do wrong.

2 nothing - your PC is independed of the render in farm
you can close 3ds - play a game or shut down pc during render

3 Farminizer will tell you in case you use one unsupported format

4 - for animation render we do - still image render distributed we do not

5 no (better say not yet)

6 Farminizer will tell you in case you use one unsupported plugins - after 6 years supportinig 3ds we have all common plugs yet

2014-03-29, 23:41:50
Reply #3

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Excellent, thanks! I've been cooking an A1 render for 15 hours+ this weekend, I might just have to try this out...
Vray who?

2014-03-31, 01:25:58
Reply #4

FourPixels

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is great news.  Have been using Rebus for a short while now and have been very impressed with there service.  I have been waiting for a render farm service to adopt corona so I can switch over from vray.  Glad it's Rebus.

2014-03-31, 08:52:02
Reply #5

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So yes, this is a plus for me. The farminizer plugin is very handy, the farm is quick and think the costs are o.k

Thanks for integrating and see you on the farm :)

2014-04-02, 22:18:07
Reply #6

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I still need a bit response about progressive mode in combination of distributed rendering

if you register you get free 25 euro automaticly - send a still image in DR and progressive - input the samples you like to have and 10 (or less) euro maximal job costs
I am curriouse if the image quality vs costs is ok
the user opinoin counts - not mine :-p
« Last Edit: 2019-05-31, 07:47:59 by QuakeMarine1 »

2014-04-03, 20:28:29
Reply #7

neri69

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just tested this night with old rebuspoint that i had in my account.

Just a single image PT+P but the resolution wasn't so high (3000x2250) to achieve the benefit of rebusfarm... the plugin with the smartcheck really help in submitting and the job was done with the limit of 10 euros that i set by 25 pc assigned in about 16 minute of rendering.

For our rare urgent deliveries rebus is a good option and we can move to corona renderer with more tranquility..

2014-04-03, 23:23:28
Reply #8

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
cool - was quality ok ?

2014-04-09, 14:45:45
Reply #9

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just finished a render with Rebus farm, it's a great service and easy to use, however there were a few things that need improvement before I start using this on a day to day basis:

1. I really don't like that it doesn't support rendering with HD Cache for secondary bounces. This is an absolute must as I almost never render with PT-PT for my projects. It sends render times through the roof (and by extension the cost of using the Rebus farm service).

2. My job wouldn't upload unless I manually deleted my batch render settings. Unticking them didn't do anything and the error message still came up. This is a smaller issue, but one that I thought I'd flag up.

3. Some of my geometry got ruined / distorted, I don't know if this is as a result of the objects having the quad-chamfer plugin set to "off in viewport" in the modifier stack.

My render took ~ 5 minutes, cost ~ £4 set at a pass limit of 25. It would have taken around 1.5 hours on my 6-core i7.

If you could enable support for HD Cache rendering I would be rendering 24/7 with the service!
« Last Edit: 2014-04-09, 14:49:43 by agentdark45 »
Vray who?

2014-04-09, 15:02:19
Reply #10

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's a nice little review and I hope they will read this too and can reply on your findings regarding Corona with RF on this forum.

Thanks for sharing!

2014-04-09, 15:21:21
Reply #11

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sure we read it ;-)

HDcache is in work - we first polich the generel workflow and script - the details follow up

Batch render queue need to be empty - i not like to have missunderstandings afterward

i saw the broken geometry but i did not open your scene to investigate it

2014-04-09, 16:50:37
Reply #12

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Excellent, great to hear that you're implementing the use of HD cache! I'll be watching this thread like a hawk and will definitely be spreading the word to my colleagues.

The geometry that got broken isn't too much of a big deal, I could always collapse the modifier stack before rendering the file.

Regards

Vray who?

2014-04-17, 23:56:58
Reply #13

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have implemented HDcache support.

!!!

please take the chance to test the system with our 25 euro free trial - farm is hungry !
« Last Edit: 2019-05-31, 07:50:36 by QuakeMarine1 »

2014-05-02, 04:26:21
Reply #14

Caue Rodrigues

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Studio IKI
Only Bucket mode is avaiable?