Author Topic: Revit to Max and Material scale is hugh  (Read 2593 times)

2018-06-25, 18:32:42

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Revit to Max and Material scale is hugh.

Model comes in as an editable mesh, a complete mess when it is converted in editable poly.

Materials are hugh and way out  of scale.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you
Philip
Dell Precision T7910

2018-06-27, 11:38:30
Reply #1

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-06-27, 12:52:27
Reply #2

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thank you for the feedback.
Generally, reit link, bind, and then reset xform, and them edit polygon each item in the list.

A bit of work , just thought there might be a better option.

philip
Dell Precision T7910

2018-06-27, 13:21:35
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here corona forum for c4d and 3ds max, so not much user who know Revit, i can suggest to try different file format for import what have option to preserve textures coordinates at export, obj, 3ds, fbx maybe others to try

2018-06-27, 13:45:58
Reply #4

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

If you set the system units to feet then you don't have any issues regarding UV's...

But like you said you can indeed link the Revit file and then bind it. If a link isn't neccesary I'd go for a .fbx file which you can make in Revit (only what is visible in the viewport will be exported so keep an eye on that!) You can also disable some layers in Revit that can be missed during rendering to speed things up. I always choose the "combine by revit material" option when importing the .fbx so all object with the same material are attached to eachother

When imported you can indeed do a reset xform on all the (selected) objects at once and then convert them all at once to an editable mesh. If you need to edit some things my suggestion would be to detach that and add an edit poly modifier on top to edit the mesh.

2018-06-27, 14:44:29
Reply #5

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also use revit+max+corona,

so for me is best to import dwg format, or linking fbx format. everithing works just fine.

2018-06-28, 23:56:50
Reply #6

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From my experience stuff from revit can sometimes have problems with units (in case of mapping, modifiers etc).
Same case with Archicad models