Author Topic: CHARLY ARTBOOK  (Read 20657 times)

2017-10-05, 18:55:35

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
Hello, everyone! =)

I decided to create this artbook for all my works which I will render in Corona.

So, this is my first work, which I created after when I was impressed by Luc Bégin work =)) I like work with fur and hair and very impressed when Corona Team added the amazing hair and skin materials =) Early I created this creature with Vray for my longer project which named "The Forester".

You can read more about this project in my interview for 80lv - https://80.lv/articles/creating-artistic-3d-scenes-with-photogrammetry-assets/

In the video, I show the process of adjusting the skin and hair in the new Corona Render 1.7, as well as the retopology of some objects in 3d-Soat, texturing in the Substance Painter and setting up materials in the Corona render. Show using the textures for scuffs and dirt from the site Poliigon, as well as creating chains using the script BraidedHair. Combing the hair and fur in Ornatrix. Rendered on the Forrender.com farm. ( 2*Xeon e5 2670 56Gb RAM)

The noise threshold was originally set at 5%, as the developers themselves advise for Denoiser. But later I realized that I'd better render a little longer and bring the threshold to 2-3%, instead of using Denoiser. I didn't like it. Still, the eye is pleasant more natural photo noise, rather than a smoothed picture. Especially if you put a threshold of 3-4% - the noise is almost invisible in 1:1.

Videoprocess:

« Last Edit: 2017-12-23, 09:25:59 by artofcharly »

2017-10-06, 09:48:34
Reply #1

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
He-he =) 2 years ago I created this work =) Then I was very impressed with the results of the render of the interiors and immediately I installed a demo to see what I will create with this render.

2017-10-18, 17:06:18
Reply #2

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly

2017-11-29, 18:08:37
Reply #3

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly

Hello, everyone!

I want to show you the new project on which I worked in my spare time.

This is the fantasy world for my forester creature.

For the fast rendering I used:

4*Dual Xeon e5 2670 2,6 GHz - 128 Threads + 1 Intel Core i7 4930K 3,4 Ghz 12 Threads.

on the Forrender.com
Render time - 58min. Noise - 3% - enough for the final image

By the way, who will give the promo code - cgevent to our forrender.com managers - you will receive a 15% discount for render.

Making of:

2017-12-05, 20:22:32
Reply #4

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
Hi all!

As soon as Corona 1.7 was released - I was interested in a new Shader for the hair and skin. First I created the Forester and you saw that I had with it. But then I wanted to try to do a real person. Sculpting from scratch would take a very long time, because you need to work out every little detail. And impatience to try the new shaders have led to the fact that I downloaded all known Emily from the WikiHuman for my experiments. Since it was set up under Vray, I immediately converted it to Corona. Then created from scratch the Shader of the skin, added a few missing textures and during the experiments got what I wanted. But it wasn't enough for me and in the end I created a full hair and the new lighting, had added the small hairs on the skin, eyebrows and modified eyelashes. So - I got what you can see in this renders.

Rendered on the Forrender.com with 6*Dual Xeon E5 2670 - 192 Threads - 2.60Ghz. Time - 10min. Noise - 3%

15% discount/promocode - cgevent

2017-12-23, 09:23:57
Reply #5

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
Literally 10 minutes spent on creating the all of these shaders. I decided to learn the Corona Hair in more detail. I didn't spend much time on the hair creation, therefore there are jambs in them. The goal of this work is a learning realistic hair shader in Corona in more detail =) and don't spend time to create a cool hair model. I made it in just a few minutes.

I specially put the front light to show the translucency work.

2018-02-09, 18:13:28
Reply #6

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
Hello everyone! This is Shido creature from my project "The Forester". Very soon I will upload the videomaking of here.

Why I named it - Shido? Shi - Sheep, Do - Dog.

This is crazy hybrid of sheep and dog =)

Happy viewing!

2018-04-24, 09:14:30
Reply #7

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
Hello everyone! I continue to create the world for my "The Forester" project.
It was in this forest that the sheepdog creature Shido was born, at that very moment - when the sun lit up this dark and forgotten place, the grass began to germinate and the crystals revived again.
On the images we still see how they are covered in cobwebs and darkness is still present in this forest, but it is the green shoots that tell us that soon it will fully come to life.
Shido was born from such a crystal.
Perhaps you noticed that the bluish glow is slightly inclined diagonally. The idea is that this glow rotates then clockwise, then counterclockwise and at the time of imbalance - all sorts of creatures are born, which in addition to Shido - you will soon see =)
For this work, I recorded a huge making of, in which I will show you the use of Polybrush, 3D Coat, Substance Painter, ForestPack, Megascans, Corona Renderer, Script Cobweb and SpeedTree, and the creation of cartoon textures.

Direct link to the project: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VOn8N

2018-05-06, 16:44:29
Reply #8

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
Hello everyone!

This is my new hair which I created with Ornatrix.

The whole bust was created in 3D-Coat, Retopology in NVil, Hair sculpt in 3D-Coat, Textures in Substance Painter. Rendered in Corona Renderer with amazing Corona Skin Mtl + Corona hair mtl.

Rendered on the http://en.forrender.com

Happy viewing!

Link to the project

P.S. Very soon I will upload this model to my CGTrader shop =)

2018-05-09, 13:33:52
Reply #9

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly

2018-05-12, 11:41:06
Reply #10

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
Hello everyone!

This is my new hair which I created with Ornatrix.

The bust and hair basemesh for Ornatrix was created in 3D-Coat and Maya, Retopology in NVil, Textures in Substance Painter. Rendered in Corona Renderer with amazing Corona Skin Mtl + Corona hair mtl.

Rendered on the http://en.forrender.com

Happy viewing!

You can check Corona Renderer hair and skin tutorials on my Youtube channel =)

2018-05-18, 19:10:36
Reply #11

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
Hello everyone!

This is the new hairstyle for my Camilla

Project link - > https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Kl6PW

Bust and the base hair mesh was sculpted in 3D-Coat, textures and materials for manequinn was created in the Substance Painter.

Guides for hair was created in Ornatrix for Maya, because it is more comfortable for me - because Maya have an awesome Viewport 2.o for hair and Ornatrix for Maya have an awesome sculpt mode for guides. Without Maya - usually I create 150 pre-renders for each changes, but now I create only one preview render to check how the hair looks with Corona Material and then make final render. Maya Viewport saves a lot of time.

When I created the guides in Maya - I exported them to the 3dsmax, repeated the modifiers stack and rendered the all picture in the Corona Renderer.

Render was made on the 2 *Xeon e5 - 2670 2.6Ghz - 64GB Ram.

2018-05-24, 16:52:18
Reply #12

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
New hairstyle with Ornatrix and Corona Renderer.

2018-07-21, 14:43:55
Reply #13

artofcharly

• Active Users
  • Full-time 3d Outsource
    • View Profile
    • The art of charly
So I fixed the beard, make some changes and decided to make a silhouette. Because I'm hair-groomer and should focus your attention on the hair =)

2018-07-21, 23:38:39
Reply #14

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo