Author Topic: Photogrametry Experiment :)  (Read 3535 times)

2014-03-26, 16:01:56

zipper

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So recently i was tasked with crating this image as backup for real photo that was supposed to go on cover of magazine :)
eventualy phototurned out fine but the project was quite interesting. the Bublik was created using photogrammetry from 150 photos and made into 20mil point cloud and 2mil poly (still not enough to pick up the poppy perfectly tho :( )

2014-03-26, 16:09:23
Reply #1

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
So vegetable are made in 3D and rendered in corona? How many poly totally?
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2014-03-26, 16:28:46
Reply #2

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this image makes me want vignette option in corona
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-03-26, 21:06:06
Reply #3

zipper

• Active Users
    • View Profile
everything is 3d and rendered in corona :) i did some color correction and vignetting in post, bublik was ~2milion poly and the green stuff is scattered with forest pack and is few hundred K of objects. not sure how much poly :)

2014-03-26, 22:18:21
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
150 photos ? That seems like an overkill. Was this done using Agisoft ? What camera and lens were used ? I am currently experimenting with NikonD800 plus prime 50mm although I haven't build a studio room setup yet. Will post my stuff close to summer.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-03-27, 09:43:54
Reply #5

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
everything is 3d and rendered in corona :) i did some color correction and vignetting in post, bublik was ~2milion poly and the green stuff is scattered with forest pack and is few hundred K of objects. not sure how much poly :)

Green is fantastic, forest pack rocks! Of course, you've use it well!! ;)

PS: btw, you can read number of poly during rendering
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2014-03-31, 23:32:52
Reply #6

zipper

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Juraj_Talcik yes i think it was agisoft that i used, i tried to capture those poppy seeds so i went abit overkill on this one (still not enough to get them tho :) ) i used Canon 60d with 50mm lens