Author Topic: No channels in EXR with manual save from VFB. (Corona 1.4)  (Read 3921 times)

2016-05-19, 16:15:05

Yehat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am very disappointed. It was a very very VERY necessary function. Maybe I do something wrong?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-19, 16:19:13 by Yehat »

2016-05-19, 17:07:55
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I know of at least one similar report. Can you please report it in our bug tracker? https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-19, 17:14:01
Reply #2

Yehat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is too hard for me (((
Is there an easy way to tell about bug?

2016-05-19, 17:17:58
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just please describe it and put a link to this thread. This way it will never be missed.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-19, 17:21:50
Reply #4

Yehat

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-05-20, 19:03:06
Reply #5

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Something similar happened to me too but, instead of empty layers I was getting completely unopenable .exrs when denoiser was used and so it's passes were present in those exrs - somehow the issue have been resolved by itself and I'm still totally unsure why that was happening and how it was resolved, cause one day (for a week or so to be precise) I got this behavior and the next day exrs are openable again and it was on the same rc6 build and I didn't even reinstall it in-between. I suspect windows 10 with it's sometimes strange and nasty behavior (some dll caching gone wrong or something like that) but who could really know ...

2016-05-20, 22:06:20
Reply #6

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Something similar happened to me too but, instead of empty layers I was getting completely unopenable .exrs when denoiser was used and so it's passes were present in those exrs - somehow the issue have been resolved by itself and I'm still totally unsure why that was happening and how it was resolved, cause one day (for a week or so to be precise) I got this behavior and the next day exrs are openable again and it was on the same rc6 build and I didn't even reinstall it in-between. I suspect windows 10 with it's sometimes strange and nasty behavior (some dll caching gone wrong or something like that) but who could really know ...

This issue has been fixed in RC6, I believe. No idea why it kept happening to you after upgrading, though ...

2016-05-21, 16:05:01
Reply #7

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Well when it explains a lot )) - it's just what no one confirmed that as a bug or at least it was never mentioned in Daily builds changelog as fixed so I thought it was something specific for my pc. Why it continued acting so after I installed rc6 is strange indeed, as I wrote before maybe that was some sort of windows dll caching which probably could have kept some previous builds dll's somewhere. I use ssd so I have both Superfetch and Prefetch disabled, and even those would probably be one the main culprits, they are OFF, the only one which is left ON of that caching bunch is Write-Cache and it's Buffer Flushing so if anything could do that, it could probably be it and some strange behavior caused by it, or just regular windows ram caching. I mean I've used rc5 that day for some time and later that same day installed rc6 without rebooting my pc so probably windows kept those rc5 dlls somewhere in ram, which I have 64gigs and there wasn't any need for windows to flush those out of it, and so it probably used those instead of the newer ones. Of course I may be completely wrong but that's the only explanation which I can think of - so I will do a reboot after installing new dailies from now on, just in case ))   

2016-07-13, 15:23:23
Reply #8

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yehat, do you still have the problem? If so, have you tried daily builds? There were some changes in saving EXR since 1.4.

2016-07-22, 16:02:04
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
cannot reproduce
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)