Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Improved support of max colour management

<< < (3/4) > >>

muoto:
Hello Piotrus,

what do you mean by "float colormap.additionalGamma = -1.2" ?
do you type this in maxcript listener ? (when i type this, i got a bunch of errors)

thanks!

piotrus3333:

--- Quote from: muoto on 2024-04-22, 12:13:01 ---Hello Piotrus,

what do you mean by "float colormap.additionalGamma = -1.2" ?
do you type this in maxcript listener ? (when i type this, i got a bunch of errors)

thanks!

--- End quote ---

muoto:
It would be nice to have your resolve/fusion workflow to see how you manage to create those LUT's... ;)

Between the -1.2 string, the "log" option in the vfb lut, the AgX ocio and DCTL (that i managed to install in resolve+fusion), the custom color correct node, well...it gets a little confused ;)

So when i color edit a 32bit image with Agx and dctl, i have trouble exporting to a lut to have the same result in the corona vfb

piotrus3333:

--- Quote from: muoto on 2024-04-24, 16:40:09 ---It would be nice to have your resolve/fusion workflow to see how you manage to create those LUT's... ;)

Between the -1.2 string, the "log" option in the vfb lut, the AgX ocio and DCTL (that i managed to install in resolve+fusion), the custom color correct node, well...it gets a little confused ;)

So when i color edit a 32bit image with Agx and dctl, i have trouble exporting to a lut to have the same result in the corona vfb

--- End quote ---

well,
feel free to ask the Corona Team why things are so convoluted with luts in CIE and frame buffer: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40988.0;all

if you're on 11.1 - you can use Gamma Operator 0.455 before LUT operators and the rest of invisible gamma transforms is cancelling itself out. no need for string option and this would work in CIE as well.

Fusion exports luts only for closed domain of 0-1 float, same as photoshop and most lut tools.
Easy way of doing that in Corona is Highlight compression 999 (Reinhard tonemapper x=y/(y+1)) - it acts as your log encoding - raw render is compressed into 0-1 range and lut can access those colour easily.
So in Fusion after creating hald image you need to apply reversed Reinhard on it, convert to arri logC3 and then AgX DCTL >>> and you have a lut that does Reinhard to one of AgX DCTL displays.

what are you trying to create exactly? a macro from Fusion is of no use if you do not know the math behind.

muoto:
From my point of view, the Agx color management is quite seducing. Nice highlight falloff, colors OK, i like the desaturated aspect as will on high values.

I most of the time use your AgX matrix (thanks) + custom 1D curve made with Lutcalc, and it works quite well.

I also tend to have little photoshop editing at the end, so i like to have my colors right in the render, and i find it very hard to finetune them in the VFB.

So i thought of finding the nice color setups with a lut in Resolve, and then bake them with AgX in one single LUT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version