Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 205583 times)

2017-08-28, 14:22:39
Reply #405

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update Cestmir. Is it possible to use the optimised ipr system with the c4d material preview ball / scene? It's a bit sluggish at the moment as I'm sure you are aware, especially when you create a larger window of it, so I'm hoping it's possible to just update the changes made by the particular channel whilst keeping the rest in ram?
Thanks for all your efforts 

2017-08-29, 14:28:10
Reply #406

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-08-29, 16:50:35
Reply #407

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Getting consistent crashes with material override in the 24/7/2017 beta. Seems to be fine with a blank material but one with textures in it crashes shortly after pressing render. Tried it with a couple of scenes and with a few different materials. Anyone else able to reproduce this?
Hi Rob,

I am consolidating the bugs since the 2017-07-24 daily build right now, and it looks this bug is solved in 2017-08-29 (today's) daily build. Can you please confirm it? Thank you

Nikola

2017-08-29, 17:13:11
Reply #408

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I keep getting Corona crashes straight after i adjust the Multipass settings. Like if i go in and add some lightmix passes, or zdepth, or Material ID, or whatever..... during the scene parsing stage, Corona crashes and Cinema shuts down. Is this a common bug? It seems to be happening across my 3 machines.

Cheers,
Brad
Hi Brad,

I can't reproduce the problem. Can you please test it in the 2017-08-29 (today's) daily build? Thank you.

Nikola

2017-08-29, 21:28:52
Reply #409

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes work! thanks :)
« Last Edit: 2017-08-29, 21:44:25 by fabio81 »

2017-08-30, 00:17:58
Reply #410

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio

2017-08-30, 00:46:19
Reply #411

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
I looked further in details while working on current project. The changes are very pleasant!!! Thank you PPL!

2017-08-30, 06:19:18
Reply #412

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks Nikola for latest beta (29/8). working well.

1st crash:
Corona Bitmap Shader:
1- If image already have in texture slot and selected Corona Bitmap, C4D halt.
2- first select Corona Bitmap.... then place texture, works well.

please confirm if anyone tested this.

compositing image tag/ multi-pass works well till now, in older beta (24/7) it was quitting.

few days off... I will do more tests.

thanks.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-30, 11:14:22 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2017-08-30, 08:15:45
Reply #413

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update Cestmir. Is it possible to use the optimised ipr system with the c4d material preview ball / scene? It's a bit sluggish at the moment as I'm sure you are aware, especially when you create a larger window of it, so I'm hoping it's possible to just update the changes made by the particular channel whilst keeping the rest in ram?

We know about the material preview sluggishness and will try to fix it in the upcoming release. That said, the IPR is primarily meant for large scenes where it makes sense to unly update the changed objects. With the material preview however, recreating the whole scene is not such a big deal and it's not what makes the preview unresponsive. What does slow it down is Cinema4D's threading system, which is kind of limited to say the least. But we'll try to find a way around this :-)

2017-08-30, 10:04:47
Reply #414

bgolds99

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I keep getting Corona crashes straight after i adjust the Multipass settings. Like if i go in and add some lightmix passes, or zdepth, or Material ID, or whatever..... during the scene parsing stage, Corona crashes and Cinema shuts down. Is this a common bug? It seems to be happening across my 3 machines.

Cheers,
Brad
Hi Brad,

I can't reproduce the problem. Can you please test it in the 2017-08-29 (today's) daily build? Thank you.

Nikola

No problems Nikola. I will try the latest daily and report back.

Regarding the sluggish material viewport - I'm not sure if this has been mentioned around here, but a while back i read somewhere a tip to disable the windows automatic updates service, and that fixed the problem for me. I'm on Windows 7 for all my machines... not sure if it helps in Win 8 or 10 though.

Cheers,
Brad

2017-08-30, 20:10:12
Reply #415

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
I like everything.
But

1) I can see increased time for render start
2) Memory usage for precalculaton increased aprox. twice

When I'll render my project in final quality I will update my point of view

2017-08-30, 21:37:09
Reply #416

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

We know about the material preview sluggishness and will try to fix it in the upcoming release. That said, the IPR is primarily meant for large scenes where it makes sense to unly update the changed objects. With the material preview however, recreating the whole scene is not such a big deal and it's not what makes the preview unresponsive. What does slow it down is Cinema4D's threading system, which is kind of limited to say the least. But we'll try to find a way around this :-)

Thanks Cestmir. I was hoping for that continuous refreshing style of adjustments. I'm more thinking of when you have detached a larger window for refining the material with a big preview ball. Currently it's wait wait wait, there you go. If there was a way to get it to live resolve that would be satisfying and if you think it's looking ok you can wait for the clean result but if you can see there are things that need adjusting you don't need to wait for ages to see them. If there is any way to wrestle texture loading / storing in cache away from c4d that would be nice too.

2017-08-31, 07:46:22
Reply #417

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile

1st crash:
Corona Bitmap Shader:

Ran exactly into the same issue with the Bitmap Shader, luckily the crashdump saves well but it's kinda annoying.

I also had several crashes trying to render files done with the previous builds.(especially with increased resolution..it seems)
But it's more of a roulette thing. Usually at 2-3. render after changing camera position or as mentioned image size. Sometimes it doesn't.
The recovery files in the bugreports directory(appdata/roaming/maxon/c4d ...) seem to work better after the first crash.

OpenGL Editor preview sometimes won't show the textures after opening file from previous build. recalculating materials, switching on/off, changing preview res. and reapplying didn't work, then crash on render. (using an nvidia gtx 1080, latest drivers for viewport, can post dxdiag if it helps)

2017-08-31, 08:21:30
Reply #418

mp5gosu

• Active Users
    • View Profile

1st crash:
Corona Bitmap Shader:

compositing image tag/ multi-pass works well till now, in older beta (24/7) it was quitting.

few days off... I will do more tests.

thanks.

This may be a regression then. Same appeared on R19 but was then fixed.

2017-08-31, 09:50:08
Reply #419

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thanks Cestmir. I was hoping for that continuous refreshing style of adjustments. I'm more thinking of when you have detached a larger window for refining the material with a big preview ball. Currently it's wait wait wait, there you go. If there was a way to get it to live resolve that would be satisfying and if you think it's looking ok you can wait for the clean result but if you can see there are things that need adjusting you don't need to wait for ages to see them. If there is any way to wrestle texture loading / storing in cache away from c4d that would be nice too.

I can see now how that can be useful. As I said, we know about the issue and will be looking into it in the near future. Thanks for your thoughts! :-)