Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 205860 times)

2017-07-03, 17:53:13
Reply #315

ilgioma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I do not know what happened .... but now everything works without me doing anything .... No error message ... all regular

Leo

2017-07-03, 17:57:37
Reply #316

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I do not know what happened .... but now everything works without me doing anything .... No error message ... all regular

Leo

Nikola happened, I guess ;-)

2017-07-03, 18:21:10
Reply #317

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Leo

Nikola happened, I guess ;-)

Actually I found the cause of this bug today (mrittman helped me a lot to find the cause) but fix will be released in next daily build :-) What happened is that processing of activation request took less time than before because the bug was caused by too low value of request timeout (accidentally set).

2017-07-03, 18:29:25
Reply #318

ilgioma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nikola for president.... mrittman... vice!! ;-)

Leo

2017-07-03, 18:39:32
Reply #319

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Haha! I didn't really do much, just ran a program Nikola made and gave him the output :P

If I knew coding, I'd totally help though! Corona just keeps getting better!

2017-07-04, 15:27:07
Reply #320

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has anyone managed to get any results out of the bloom and glare pass yet? Its been in for a few releases but it only ever comes out as black for me. Am I doing something wrong or is this an on going issue? Cheers

2017-07-04, 15:32:43
Reply #321

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has anyone managed to get any results out of the bloom and glare pass yet? Its been in for a few releases but it only ever comes out as black for me. Am I doing something wrong or is this an on going issue? Cheers

Yeah, same here. Been asking same question, to no avail. Complete mystery. I'd guess it is safe to say it still doesn't work. And yet, perhaps we're doing something wrong ;)
« Last Edit: 2017-07-04, 17:05:04 by nesha_2 »

2017-07-05, 21:05:40
Reply #322

ilgioma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Image Editor, OSX El Capitan, numerical input via keyboard is not possible, only by using up/down arrows (shift-clicking arrows doesn't work either - to allow for changing the values in larger steps). Frustrating if you want to change values fast.

I also have the same problem with OS X Sierra. When is there a correction?

Leo

2017-07-06, 17:48:11
Reply #323

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I have been using the most recent daily build plus the one before it for about three weeks. I am a mac user and I getting exactly the same issues across three macs (A 12 month old top spec 27inch imac, 12 month top of the range 21inch iMac, and a couple of years old mac mini). I am having issues with just random freezes causing Cinema to crash. The scenes I am render are complicated as they are architectural visualisations but no displacement is used anywhere. The crash can happen at any time, there is no pattern to it.

The other issue I have is corona also crash 100% every time before it gets below around 2% noise level, what ever version of corona I use so I have to set it to stop before then.

Finally the latest daily build is a lot slower than the alpha version on the downloads page. Also it absolutely hammers the processor, 100% activity during renders, a lot higher than other renderers I have used in the past.

Not complaining at all, loving the simplicity of corona, just thought I would report back with my issues as two out of the three macs I am using where the highest spec you could buy at the time of purchase.

If anyone has any thoughts, let me know.

Thanks,

Phil

2017-07-07, 17:07:09
Reply #324

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Been using the latest build a lot lately. Working great. I ran into an issue reading .png alphas with some SketchUp files recently... Gonna keep testing...

Keep it up guys! Corona is the best render engine for C4D hands down! Still having the massive computer slow down at higher render resolutions...

- Shawn

2017-07-07, 21:26:55
Reply #325

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website

Been using the latest build a lot lately. Working great. I ran into an issue reading .png alphas with some SketchUp files recently... Gonna keep testing...

Keep it up guys! Corona is the best render engine for C4D hands down! Still having the massive computer slow down at higher render resolutions...

- Shawn

I just took the 3ds max 2018 demo with Corona for a spin. There is really no comparison as to how smooth the VFB is in 3ds max compared to what I get in Cinema 4D so that part could indeed be optimized.

I am really excited about how things are being developed so keep it up devs! :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-07-08, 00:22:24
Reply #326

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've not tried the Max one but the C4D VFB is quite slow when you get to large frame sizes, especially with bloom and glare still. I've had a couple of B&G no shows on the latest beta this week even with tweaking the VFB window to refresh. Fortunately I could save to CIE and get a lightmix pass with bloom out to comp back in with the rest of the multipass in PS. Is having to sync with the PV an issue perhaps? Im still hopeing to get native 16bit PSD as an output from the VFB. I still struggle to work out why the VFB would be different in Max as it would seem like a 99% pure corona controlled environment. But like Nkilar says, Im excited about the develpment too.

2017-07-09, 19:23:42
Reply #327

mp5gosu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've not tried the Max one but the C4D VFB is quite slow when you get to large frame sizes, especially with bloom and glare still. I've had a couple of B&G no shows on the latest beta this week even with tweaking the VFB window to refresh. Fortunately I could save to CIE and get a lightmix pass with bloom out to comp back in with the rest of the multipass in PS. Is having to sync with the PV an issue perhaps? Im still hopeing to get native 16bit PSD as an output from the VFB. I still struggle to work out why the VFB would be different in Max as it would seem like a 99% pure corona controlled environment. But like Nkilar says, Im excited about the develpment too.

Are you talking about the refresh until PostProcess-Settings are applied? Or are you referring to high response times in PV (e.g. lagging while panning, etc.)
The latter might be caused by a custom monitor profile which is set in preferences. If it differs from sRGB, PV will slow down.

edit: Misread your post. You're talking about VFB, not PV. Yes, it is slower than Max.

2017-07-11, 07:15:30
Reply #328

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I have been using the most recent daily build plus the one before it for about three weeks. I am a mac user and I getting exactly the same issues across three macs (A 12 month old top spec 27inch imac, 12 month top of the range 21inch iMac, and a couple of years old mac mini). I am having issues with just random freezes causing Cinema to crash. The scenes I am render are complicated as they are architectural visualisations but no displacement is used anywhere. The crash can happen at any time, there is no pattern to it.

The other issue I have is corona also crash 100% every time before it gets below around 2% noise level, what ever version of corona I use so I have to set it to stop before then.

Finally the latest daily build is a lot slower than the alpha version on the downloads page. Also it absolutely hammers the processor, 100% activity during renders, a lot higher than other renderers I have used in the past.
Not complaining at all, loving the simplicity of corona, just thought I would report back with my issues as two out of the three macs I am using where the highest spec you could buy at the time of purchase.

If anyone has any thoughts, let me know.

Thanks,

Phil

Well, personally, I prefer all of my 80 cores to work at 100% while rendering and as far as I'm concerned, this is the way it should behave. There should be feature for adjusting how many cores you'd like to dedicate to rendering, though. Not sure if that is present right now.

2017-07-11, 08:58:52
Reply #329

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, with teamrender does not work surface spread?