Author Topic: A House for Deep Meditation  (Read 4568 times)

2015-07-26, 10:52:35

Mikhail

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Projects
Hi, folks

A House for Deep Meditation is here.
3d Max, Corona render, Photoshop(some colour correction)
« Last Edit: 2015-07-26, 12:58:03 by Mikhail »

2015-07-26, 12:58:21
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Awesome design! Is this your idea? I just think the car doesn't fit the overall atmosphere.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-07-26, 13:04:48
Reply #2

Mikhail

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Projects
Hi, Maru. Thank you for your kind words )

This is my brother's architecture(concrete structure). He also wanted to use this car. The Idea belongs to both of us.
Rendering and atmosphere is my stuff : )

2015-07-26, 14:18:06
Reply #3

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work on the images. At first glance I really assumed that a lot of the CG elements were actually photographic pieces that you'd composed together with a CG building.
The first image in particular has a very impressive look to it overall.

I think it's an interesting idea as a structure, the focus of it, like an ear. However, to be honest I find the concept of the building slightly at odds with itself. I would think of meditative practice as being typically gentle, accepting and socially generous (this is maybe just cliché and where this argument loses any traction) but this building seems selfish in terms of it's impact. That's only being reinforced by the decent car parked there in the image - I'm left with the impression of a wealthy person driving over the wildlife to get up there on the weekends just so they can sit in their 50 cubic metres of concrete while the neighbours can't see down to the lake anymore!

2015-07-26, 14:55:07
Reply #4

Mikhail

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Projects
Thank you Ricky !

I believe that a wealthy person does not mean bad person ) And some of them are ready to lose their money and wealth, and they do not stick to it. I believe in monks that are among us in cities. And a car does not mean something bad. It's bad actually )) but a car is what we have at this period of time(I mean our civilisation has)

Lets say this wealthy guy built it for every one who travel through this place. It does not belong to him, he did it because it had to be done.

2015-07-27, 15:24:02
Reply #5

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Lets say this wealthy guy built it for every one who travel through this place. It does not belong to him, he did it because it had to be done.

Fair enough! My intention wasn't to say simply wealth = bad (I'm not sure how many projects I'd find in archviz if I upheld that principle :) ) but more to question how this expression of wealth would be reconciled with some of the goals I associate with meditation. Anyway, more than enough said.
It's nice to make it onto the narrative rather than getting stuck on looking at UV mapping or something.

2015-07-27, 17:42:21
Reply #6

Mikhail

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Projects
Thank you for your thoughts and time Ricky.

Yeah, you're right. I believe that spirit of an image is more important than UV : ) But you know I spent a lot of time to make grass look good. Actually I have been doing this project for 3 years )) I've started it in 2011. But you know I had too much commercial-trash projects and simply can't complete it correctly until 2014. Then I had got two spare weeks and completed it as I want.
When your mind is full of trash it's very difficult to produce something that you like to produce.

I've attached some old images(2012 year). It was v-ray.

2015-07-27, 17:45:56
Reply #7

Mikhail

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Projects
My another trial : ) That was 2013 year.

2015-07-29, 13:26:43
Reply #8

Elviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Elviz 3D Visual Arts
Very nice looking, keep'em coming !
Elviz - 3D Visual Arts
www.elviz.co.il
elirender@gmail.com