Author Topic: All viewport mode interactive rendering feature requests  (Read 59800 times)

2016-08-03, 17:11:58

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
IR will probably be improved at some point anyway, but I just wanted to share some idea with you, maybe it could evolve into something better with the help of other Coronauts.

So the idea is to have a floating overlay menu when hovering mouse cursor over the IR window. The menu would remain hidden, so it would not obstruct the image. Some ideas for buttons:
-force refresh
-zoom in/out
-pause/continue
-custom samples multiplier
-pass limit toggle
-region
-render elements
-other...

What do you think?
« Last Edit: 2018-06-15, 13:06:27 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-08-03, 19:02:27
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru. I assume you're talking about IR in a viewport. I've wanted something like this for ages, and could easily settle for a little less than you are listing. My priority would be:

- force refresh/recalculate displacement
- pause/continue
- zoom in/out

so +1000 for this :)

2016-08-03, 19:24:46
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
PROH's list sounds like the ones I would find most beneficial (if we had to put them in order of priority).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-08-03, 19:31:55
Reply #3

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for the zoom feature. I quite like the the current implementation of the multiple regions.
Vray who?

2016-08-03, 21:14:20
Reply #4

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
- region/blow-up control directly in IR viewport
- pause/resume

Just these two would save so much time and hassle for us.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-08-04, 09:37:58
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
-pause/resume
-ZOOM
-and how about on/off safe frame https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,10035.msg64125.html#msg64125 ? not so important but please.. =)

2016-08-04, 11:30:32
Reply #6

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, safe frame on/off would be great - but why not just let IR follow the view-port setting? Meaning if the active view-port uses safe frame then IR uses safe frame, but if the view-port doesn't use safe frame then IR won't either. This way there's no need for extra controls/buttons.

2016-08-04, 11:55:04
Reply #7

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
why not just let IR follow the view-port setting?

Yes, anything else appears strange to me.

Btw about zoom: wouldn't mouse wheel zoom be enough even in viewport mode? Is there really need for buttons? Or should the wheel stay reserved as support for 2D Pan Zoom may come in future?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-08-05, 04:21:39
Reply #8

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Btw about zoom: wouldn't mouse wheel zoom be enough even in viewport mode? Is there really need for buttons? Or should the wheel stay reserved as support for 2D Pan Zoom may come in future?
yes zoom button is ugly, but mouse wheel zoom in VFB (just like when do production rendering)

why not just let IR follow the view-port setting? .. no need for extra controls/buttons.
That's what I mean :)

2017-04-01, 23:12:26
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
in progress...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-06-28, 15:11:22
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
internal note: id=249850128

2018-07-07, 19:21:12
Reply #11

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well not exactly for the menu, but these are the functions that would help to improve IR a lot.

- set focus
- select objects, materials
- assign materials with drag and drop
- rotate/pan viewport
- read/see Lux values

Both in the floating and in the extended viewport IR.

sorry if I wrote them in the wrong place

2018-07-13, 17:09:39
Reply #12

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Frequently I try to work with docked IR because it's more tidy in the first instance.

But there is one very basic issue and I abandon it sooner or later every time for that reason:

The FB gets cleared after stopping it! Why? I want to be able to look at the image again and again to think about what has to be done next while going on with the work. But I stare at a Corona logo instead.

I know that one can copy the content to max but why so cumbersome? Please just leave the content alone until next restart/update.

Good Luck

2018-07-13, 17:28:01
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
+1
Yes please. That is something i always wanted, but was affraid to ask :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-07-13, 17:34:10
Reply #14

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+2 Yes please. That is something I always wanted, and actually asked for :)

2018-07-13, 18:22:21
Reply #15

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agreed! That is annoying. "Click to start" is also cumbersome IMHO.

2018-07-16, 12:10:57
Reply #16

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Is there a way to make the IR in viewport automatically adjust ratio to fit the view?
Unless I missed something that would be my feature request: Fit ratio to viewport ratio, for a nice quad view experience during the shading phase.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2018-07-16, 13:26:34
Reply #17

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is there a way to make the IR in viewport automatically adjust ratio to fit the view?
Unless I missed something that would be my feature request: Fit ratio to viewport ratio, for a nice quad view experience during the shading phase.
Ratio of the image rendered with IR is based on the render output settings. So basically you would like to unlock it, and have the IR fill the whole space inside the viewport? That might show different thing than the camera sees.

2018-07-16, 13:42:14
Reply #18

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Ratio of the image rendered with IR is based on the render output settings.
I know that, but it's really nice to have a filled quad view, instead of a cut rectangle. Really just a minor Quality of life improvement.
edit:
or rather Fit ratio to Viewport during Perspective and Orthographic view, and force to output ratio when looking through a camera.
That might show different thing than the camera sees.
Yeah, obviously it will ruin any composition attempt. But that's why it should be optional, just to make for a nice shading workflow.
See Image attachment. Fill Viewport for shading, Real output ratio for composition.

I guess it is a bit nonsense in the ArchViz context, but these days I'm doing mostly CAD stuff, so it's nice to have a viewport that show's me as much as possible.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-16, 13:47:02 by SairesArt »
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2018-07-16, 14:16:07
Reply #19

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Usually i adjust viewport itself to match render ratio. As a bonus, that also slightly increases size of 2 other viewports.

2018-08-22, 23:04:32
Reply #20

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Being able to cycle through the render elements in the interactive IR viewport would be really helpful.

I always find myself needing to stop the viewport IR and launch IR in the VFB just to see what's going on in the reflection pass.

2018-08-23, 00:52:20
Reply #21

Crazy Homeless Guy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I have a question...  Why do some prefer to use the viewport IR?   Is there an advantage?  I have always found the floating window to be more powerful and more flexible as I can simply move it to my second monitor without the need to sacrifice the windows of my modeling space.  Is it anything more than personal preference?

2018-08-28, 23:06:16
Reply #23

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
@Crazy Homeless Guy, for me it's because the less distance my eyes have to dart back and forth between the viewport and the IR the better. Once I get the look of the shot or material dialed in I switch to the VFB IR maximized on my second monitor.

What would be sweet is if you could navigate with your mouse inside the interactive viewport. Or is this a thing and I don't know about it? (!)

2018-08-31, 10:30:08
Reply #24

dftr

• Users
    • View Profile
Guys, if may I.. Fit render resolution as Vray has in interactive. Thats amazing to work in 6k with no stress

2018-08-31, 21:13:59
Reply #25

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
I like the multiple region thing, but how about the 'mouse brush region' that vray has. That was always kinda nice to have when needing to checkout how little refractions and such are behaving.

2019-01-09, 22:54:28
Reply #26

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Someway to input the pixel dimensions of the VFB. Or anything to be able to A/B a render in the history that is greyed out with "Size Mismatch". I fight with this every single day.

2019-01-10, 13:34:03
Reply #27

bcgi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can we have a "solo" button in lightmix if it's not too difficult to implement? You can easily isolate lights or light groups with it. I like to set up my lights one by one and ATM I have to turn on and off my lights all the time.

2019-01-14, 12:18:13
Reply #28

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can we have a "solo" button in lightmix if it's not too difficult to implement? You can easily isolate lights or light groups with it. I like to set up my lights one by one and ATM I have to turn on and off my lights all the time.
Not sure if I understood this correctly, but now you can toggle all lights off with a single click ("Toggle all"), and then tick only the single light that you wish to see. Then repeat for the next light.

2019-01-15, 12:22:28
Reply #29

bcgi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, the "solo" button should do the same just in one round, you don't have to click twice and if not all of your lights are turned on in lightmix you have to keep in mind which ones to turn back on again, the solo button should remember the previous set of turned on/off lights. After you have finished the adjustment of the isolated lights and you turn off solo mode it should go back to the original state.  So it's nothing special. I have seen that kind of solo button in some other engines as far as I remember they have that in Octane and Maxwell, but I am not sure.

2019-11-07, 22:19:46
Reply #30

PauloRosario

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys.
Would an interactive 360 ​​frame buffer be possible?

2019-11-08, 08:30:21
Reply #31

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Would that not be basically just a perspective camera rotating in Z? Or do you mean having a finished 360° render in the VFB and re-project it so that it can be viewed directly - a pano viewer integrated in the VFB?

Good Luck

2019-12-15, 08:47:39
Reply #32

Igor Lapin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!
Please memorize window scaling. When you change the resolution of the picture, the render window changes its size, it is not convenient.
And it is possible to make the image scale tied to the render window, and it was possible to change the scale from 1-100% (and over), like in photoshop, and not 1:1, 1:2, and so on. In both cases, interactive render and production render.
Thanks.
Design By Artline.

2019-12-17, 08:55:17
Reply #33

Igor Lapin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And the same problem with scaling in "specify Cropping/Placement" window.
Design By Artline.

2021-03-03, 09:57:44
Reply #34

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hey fellas

I would love to be able to have a small floating viewport with interactive rendering running all the time and then be able to use 2D pan/zoom in it to tweak things. Any update being able to do this? :)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2021-04-30, 23:56:09
Reply #35

alyweka

• Users
    • View Profile
i wish we have options to choose between intel AI or nvidia AI denoiser in interactive viewport rendering so we can use old VGA card not only RTX as it has shortage in the market now and intel AI not bad....or perhaps make option to choose old nvidia driver for old VGA card

2021-05-01, 10:31:12
Reply #36

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You don't need RTX card to run Optix denoiser. AFAIK any relatively recent GTX card (Maxwell and later) will do the job. I have GTX 1060 and Optix denoiser in Corona IR runs just fine. As for the Intel denoiser, it performes denoising only when rendering is finished, so it wouldn't be good choice for interactive rendering.

2021-05-03, 15:08:05
Reply #37

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a 980 Ti and it also works fine with the NVIDIA denoiser :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-09, 19:09:25
Reply #38

kino_unico

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it would be great to have a shortcut within the frame buffer that is a zoom to fit added to the "F" key.

2022-05-04, 09:24:17
Reply #39

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just simply enable the option to resize VFB Interactive Render as needed.

2022-05-04, 10:09:05
Reply #40

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Morning all :)

I jump in this thread for something that has been mentioned in the past: being able to navigate directly in IPR view ... is it still planned somehow ?

Apart that, my list of priorities would be:

- pause/restart
- regions handling

On a side note, I want to say I love using 2d Pan/Zoom feature along with IPR, it's really handy !

Regards.
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2022-07-28, 18:54:38
Reply #41

Architex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just do add some ideas.

- iR with the ability to resize as we want.
- Better syncronize with tone mapping parameters and corona camera mod.
- faster glare and bloom response.
- poligonal render selection.

2022-11-18, 14:57:03
Reply #42

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
This might be a problem with Autodesk and 3dsMAX when using 4K monitors, but there could certanly be a workaround.

The IR takes into account the System scalling applyed in Windows. So when working on a 4K monitor and using a 150% scalling, you end up with a 2032x1355 px window size that is being scaled to fill a 4K monitor. This is certanly not a good idea. Corona should just get it's IR resolution directly from Windows with no scaling, so it uses the native resolution of the monitor.

This might be a problem when you want to get the right scaling for the UI but that could be fixed if the IR resolution just works like in VRAY

It's not a big deal form me, becaus I don't use IR that much but it certanly is a problem. BTW this also happens when working on a 2K monitor and scaling it's resolution, so any monitor you scale will not give you a native image size and it will we magnified to fit your window.
Rendering since 2014

2022-12-14, 19:27:30
Reply #43

arqing

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.
I don't think that Elements are really a need for IR. We can see them on the VFB already, that's enough.
Less is more.

2022-12-15, 17:53:53
Reply #44

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hi.
I don't think that Elements are really a need for IR. We can see them on the VFB already, that's enough.
Less is more.

Sorry, disagree fully. I spend almost all my time in IR all day long, docked in a viewport. Having some small dropdown in that viewport to quickly switch between elements would be a huge time-saver. Sometimes more is more :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2022-12-15, 18:14:07
Reply #45

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi.
Less is more.

Sorry, disagree fully. I spend almost all my time in IR all day long, docked in a viewport. Having some small dropdown in that viewport to quickly switch between elements would be a huge time-saver. Sometimes more is more :)

100% Agree

At the very least, it'd be great to be able to have the option (a tick box in settings) to Interactively render the elements in docked IR viewport.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2023-06-09, 14:20:01
Reply #46

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it would be very useful to have the Force path tracing ON/OFF function in the VFB.
I use it continuously