Author Topic: vray style bucket rendering + cryptomatte implementation  (Read 1895 times)

2022-07-04, 09:14:12

jzx_studioHorak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
since i work both with vray and corona there are things that i miss a lot from vray.
Very important for us, from perspective of a small studio.

Request #3: Bucket rendering + cryptomatte implementation

Bucket rendering saves RAM and makes cryptomatte masks great tool to use. I would also like to see 'by material' option for cryptomatte (as in vray)

In its current state, even interiors that are not THAT complex are so ram-hungry that on render slaves with 128GB we are getting out of memory style errors. Exterior wise cryptomatte is completely unusable, because of RAM.

2022-09-06, 17:23:19
Reply #1

lukejdarling

• Users
    • View Profile
by material option in cryptomatte is something i would also like to see added

2022-09-08, 16:18:18
Reply #2

neurotensin

• Users
    • View Profile
Bumping this one

Rendering out animation sequences in .cxr and converting to .exr later is a huge data bloat for us. Really appreciate the first steps of integrating cryptomatte into the ecosystem (awesome!); however, in order to use it practically in an animation workflow, we really need to be able to output a usable cryptomatte pass as .exr right out of render. Even having a separate pass/not imbedded would work.

Keep up the great work!

2022-09-09, 09:49:36
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hello,

We are planning on allowing saving CXR out directly as an EXR to avoid the pain in manually renaming them.

Stay tuned :)

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=952044156)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!