Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Batch Rendering with Scene States + Corona HDR Issue

(1/3) > >>

FlorianW.:
Alright Guys, that's gonna be a big one;

We are using a pipeline for big projects with 50+ Shots in a single 3dsMax Scene.

- every shot has it's own Layer in 3ds max.
- every shot is a batch in the BatchRenderDialog.
- every shot has it's own Scene State combined with the batch (Note: only the Layer Properties are saved, just to toggle the Layer on/off, because other attributes are buggy, like light attributes)

The benefit of this workflow is that we have a tool to quickly flick trough the scene and the batch/scenestates settings are being restored automatically or i can submit 50+ Shots to our Renderfarm with one mouse click, which is incredible, BUT....

the only thing which doesn't work is to use diffrent HDRI's because we have no CoronaDome, neither i can animate the "Scene Environment: Use Corona" Slot.

is there a workaround?

Thanks!

maru:
Just to make sure: you would like to set up different scene states with different HDRIs loaded? Is that correct?

FlorianW.:
Yes, excactly! it would be just nice to have something for HDRI's to place them in a scene like an object or a dome, rather than it being only controlable in the render global menu. All other corona lights, like rectangles or spheres are placed on layers and are workin absolutley perfect, just struggling with HDRI's

For small daily Projects, i love the Scene Environment Tab from Corona. It's simple and works fine!
It would be just nice to have a "Corona Dome" additional to the global Menu.

Frood:

--- Quote from: sequana on 2018-01-26, 10:14:19 ---i can submit 50+ Shots to our Renderfarm with one mouse click, which is incredible

--- End quote ---

This is after my fancy :) I do not use scene states and it's sad to read that they apparently are still buggy (the reason why we never used them) but I use frames and animation/keying + Backburner to achieve something similar.

Recently I needed different HDRIs for several shots in one scene and the workaround was to misuse CoronaMultiTexmap and animating the frequency (all zero except the one you need at a specific frame). So maybe if you add another dimension (timeline) you could solve this. Unfortunately there is still no simple switch map yet.

Another idea would be to use an IFL-sequence (depending on your needs, you would be able to externally edit your HDRI list in the IFL textfile if you have many or the same ones on many frames) but I have not tried this because there have been IFL-issues with Corona since ever (CoronaBitmap even does not load IFLs atm. btw.) and I needed only 3 different ones.

Good Luck

PROH:
Hi. I use a CoronaMultiMap as well, in the exact way described by Frood. This method has one big advantage over the IFL method: You can have different settings (rotation, level, etc.) for each HDRI.

But I sure would like a easier method to switch between different backgrounds :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version