Author Topic: Beautiful Computer Generated Images III. - Above Wood  (Read 6551 times)

2017-04-26, 13:08:24

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
So guys here is the third project from the collection :) Below is the description, on the Behance there are also models to download and high-res pictures. Also - I am aware of resolution of the floor in third image - I just couldnt find something as suitable in better resolution, dont kill me fot it.

Beautiful Computer Generated Images is a collection of Seven projects, collection of seven Manifests, where every piece is an intersection of Technology and Art. It depicts imaginary places, imaginary objects where every element is arranged to create beautiful Composition and where photorealistic simulations are enriched and elevated by Custom color mapping to craft a piece formed by true Art.
Manifests show what I consider truly beautiful, what I am passionate about and what I love. Passion in Computer Generated Image, passion in Composition, beauty in Simplicity, Light, custom Colors, passion in bending image within a Purpose, in adjusting piece with an Abstract elements, all elevated by Custom Color Mapping to form something Unseen, something New and very Artistic.
Manifests have been developed for 8 months, working solely on the manifests, between 2016 and 2017 and are periodically released every three weeks. After all seven have been released, there is going to be a book stitching all the pieces together.
Everything is custom made - from scratch - models, materials.
I welcome to watch the third one.

III. Giant Simplicity
Above Wood is a collection of two imaginery spaces where Beauty and Nature of the wood is portrayed. It depicts passion in nothing but Wood. Passion in wood in its most natural Wood Edge form. Beauty in contrast between Natural wood and Processed wood. Beauty in contrast between Wood and Concrete, Stone surfaces and Beauty in composition from above.
Project has been rendered in Corona rendering engine. Modeling was done in 3Ds Max and edges deformation with DeformEdges script. Branches grown in SpeedTree. Elehpant Ear plant modelled in 3Ds Max with textures by adjusted Megascans atlasses.
Live Edge Wood table was carefully picked and texture photographed in Live Edge Chicago store - thank you for letting capture texture of your beautiful tables. Multiple tables were photographed. Each table was photographed in chunks - then stitched - to provide as high resolution texture as possible. Models to download on Behance.
Inspiration credits: Carl Hansen and son, Norr11, Jose Villa.
Every image below is as whole crafted by means of Computer art. It is Imaginery, not Real. Computer Generated Images.

Upcoming Manifest - IV. Reflections - 17.5.2017

Models do download

2017-04-26, 14:58:43
Reply #1

Caue Rodrigues

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Studio IKI
Great images JakubCech!!
Third one is my favorite.

2017-04-27, 15:39:04
Reply #2

twoheads

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Jakub what can I say, top-notch! beautiful, balanced and so photorealistic, my kind of stuff. :)

2017-04-27, 16:06:38
Reply #3

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
Jakub amazing !
Thanks for all the help and of course the free models, much appreciated

2017-04-27, 20:29:55
Reply #4

Icodyne

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So good! Thanks for the models.
Please view my portfolio:
http://www.digitalvisualization.net

2017-04-27, 22:48:07
Reply #5

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Hey guys, so glad you like it! Thank you so much :)
Will keep giving away models along projects.

2017-04-27, 23:51:44
Reply #6

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Seems ironic, a quick 'live edge' walnut bench was required, for a next day rendering. But, since it's retail, and middle ground, total model time required: 5 min.
Yet, much admiration for your PR rendition, and patience.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2017-04-28, 18:36:22
Reply #7

alessandromichelazzi

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • aluxado - render like photography
    • View Profile
    • aluxado
Compliments for the work and the aesthetic.
I love the simplicity of the concept. And by simplicity, I mean about the composition and the look of the images 'cause I'm sure that behind there's a very nice work with the lighting and the materials!
Well done!
aluxado | render like photography

2017-04-29, 15:23:42
Reply #8

twoheads

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you use any third party software to texture your models? I'm  especially interested in staircase shot...

2017-04-29, 18:29:29
Reply #9

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Seems ironic, a quick 'live edge' walnut bench was required, for a next day rendering. But, since it's retail, and middle ground, total model time required: 5 min.  Yet, much admiration for your PR rendition, and patience.
Thank you very much for your note and admiration! Well what for you took 5 minutes, for me took 3 months and turned out to be the second most difficult thing regarding the projects. The thing is not the model - but the texture. After two days spent by searching the web and not finding anything that might be nice and enough in terms of quality and resolution, I tried stitching some best textures I found - another day of work, but with a not satisfying result. Than, few weeks later I found this source I shared (https://www.facebook.com/jakubcechCG/posts/1208782219168572) and had another hope for a good texture - but after another two  days or so of trying to find something usable, stitch it, rephotoshop or anything, still didnt have anything usable (as I really wanted for it to work in closeup as well). Then for another weeks I got in touch with the company which produced the photos I shared, and signed a form and was waiting for a higher resolution photos of the slabs - but finally, they didnt have it - so still nothing. Then, another cuple of weeks later, I found this great store - Live Edge Chicago - where they had beautiful tables! But its Chicago, I am on different continent, so I started searching someone who might be able to go there, be polite, ask them if could take photos of tables, very difficult stuff especially if you think that this was going to be a personal project. After another cuople of weeks I managed to find the photogpraher who wuold be willing to go there and take photos. And, thanks god, this worked! Although he used low exposure and photos turned noisy, I finally was able, after another couple of days, to stitch and make the texture I liked and needed. So if you download it now, its pretty straight forward, but for me, this was really a super difficult goal. And - What do you mean by PR rendition?

Compliments for the work and the aesthetic.
I love the simplicity of the concept. And by simplicity, I mean about the composition and the look of the images 'cause I'm sure that behind there's a very nice work with the lighting and the materials!
Well done!
Thank you very much!

Did you use any third party software to texture your models? I'm  especially interested in staircase shot...
Not this time, just modelling and basic planar mapping with a good material, I like simplicity everywhere possible!

2017-04-29, 21:11:33
Reply #10

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Thanks for your entertaining response....1/2 through I was also thinking lumber yard .Ha Ha PR (Photo real?) because NPR (non photo)
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB