Author Topic: Contrast  (Read 2452 times)

2017-04-13, 16:12:33

Caue Rodrigues

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Studio IKI
Hello there!
After saw some amazing renders with great contrast (4thlight bedroom for example)I decided to try with my own approach.

Thx!

*edited (more pics)
« Last Edit: 2017-04-21, 20:21:16 by crawlewis »

2017-04-13, 21:48:48
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmmm. Too much contrast I think. On image 1 & 2 anyways:P

I can't remember who I read it from (Bertrand or Peter maybe?). But a good rule of thumb that I've taken to heart when it comes to post production is to get your adjustments to a point where you think it looks good; then reduce the effect of your adjustment effects by half from there.

Good contrast in an image doesn't necessarily mean crushing all your dark tones. It becomes way too distracting.

2017-04-14, 01:07:46
Reply #2

Moataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
loved the mood ... but it's way far from comfortable when you think of setting in this awooosem leather sofa as the library is just above my head and will hit me if i relaxed :D
keep going  ;)

2017-04-14, 05:15:56
Reply #3

Caue Rodrigues

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Studio IKI
Hmmm. Too much contrast I think. On image 1 & 2 anyways:P

I can't remember who I read it from (Bertrand or Peter maybe?). But a good rule of thumb that I've taken to heart when it comes to post production is to get your adjustments to a point where you think it looks good; then reduce the effect of your adjustment effects by half from there.

Good contrast in an image doesn't necessarily mean crushing all your dark tones. It becomes way too distracting.

Thx man, but I think I really reached my goal (on this attempt at least). I saw manny movies and tv series with this kind of mood. But I really understand your point of view. Thx again.
Example attached.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-14, 05:26:32 by crawlewis »