Author Topic: StandAlone Corona for Osx and Linux - Possible ?  (Read 13855 times)

2014-12-01, 19:22:21

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I was thinking about something...

The entire Renderfarm at the studio is probably move towards Linux. So... No renderfarm for (me) Max user, in a near future. I will have to render all my work on our workstations and/or RebusFarm...

BUT, someone tolds me that it's possible to submit jobs for Mentalray using Max (windows) and running Mentalray Satellite on Linux...

Is it possible for us to have a future solution like that using Corona Stand Alone renderer ? I know it's not planned or for a near future, but is it something impossible to think/Wish ?
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-12-01, 20:19:21
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
first question: you will lose all plugins and 3dsmax texmaps except for bitmap. Is that OK?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-03, 14:50:24
Reply #2

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Hmm. Loosing plugins is manageable in many cases (but it will certainly put a lot of limits for some jobs), and "only bitmaps supported", you mean, nothing procedural goes to stand-alone/linux's version ? So, is this forever or for a while ?
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-12-03, 15:15:43
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is basically same as GPU rendering - it can be re-coded, but that would take time and would not match 100%
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)