Author Topic: CoronaLight shadow and illumination include/exclude  (Read 3836 times)

2021-01-21, 09:27:05

plasticmonster81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would really like the ability to turn on and off shadow and illumination per object like Vray lights. I had to rerender a scene 3 times to fake a shadow on a product shot, whereas I could`ve just excluded one light from casting shadow, the other from illumination and problem solved.
Thanks

2021-01-21, 10:22:21
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Would really like the ability to turn on and off shadow and illumination per object like Vray lights. I had to rerender a scene 3 times to fake a shadow on a product shot, whereas I could`ve just excluded one light from casting shadow, the other from illumination and problem solved.
Thanks

My answer may be disappointing, but Corona is simply not intended for such tasks. It is unlikely that things like this will be added in any near future.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-01-21, 17:40:48
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I guess this means Corona engine in whole and also takes C4D version into account... since, based
on findings posted here, I was also considering such feature request.

2021-01-21, 17:47:40
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'll double check both of these threads and will let give you a final answer. I don't want to mislead anyone.

2021-01-29, 13:59:05
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If the point here is:

The ability to exclude a specific object from a specific light's illumination or shadow-casting.
(So you have a light, and in its settings you can decide that object A will be illuminated but won't cast shadows. Currently in Corona we can only exclude a specific object from a light's influence completely (so that it is not illuminated by that light but still casts shadows). In Corona it is also possible to disable shadow-casting for a specific object, but this will affect shadows generated by all lights.)

Then this is not something we are planning to introduce.