Author Topic: Fusion 7 is now free*  (Read 4998 times)

2014-11-10, 12:56:58

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
*For one machine and with some limitation

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion

Just scroll all the way down.

2014-11-10, 16:18:20
Reply #1

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well and the Studio version price has been cutted down wuite a bit, also the limitations has nearly no effect for small studios except if you need the use of Optical FLow tools, Stereoscopic tools and external plugins, but if you need those probably you will be able to pay those 995$ for the studio version that comes with some more things.

It is an incredible move, the most amazing thing to me is that finally there is an afordable comp tool that supports Deep Compositing!!! FINALLY!!

Now we just need Corona to support it :)

Cheers.

2014-11-10, 16:25:37
Reply #2

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
It is an incredible move, the most amazing thing to me is that finally there is an afordable comp tool that supports Deep Compositing!!! FINALLY!!

Nope, no deep compositing. Nuke is still the only compositing software that is able to use it. I also wouldn't be too exited about it. It uses extremely large exrs, is slow like a dead donkey and I don't really see a lot of use cases in daily production
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-11-10, 16:29:06
Reply #3

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, FUsion does support it right now :)

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion/3danimation

I see some leverage in rendering an static scenario and a character in different layers without worring of occlusion of objects for example, it's a more advanced way of compositing and can help when we have to re-render some part for a fix, or some character, it could be done faster AFAIK, no fringe edges and things like that., also for improving some depth effects like comp DOF afaik, anyways it's a new tech and I sitll have a lot to learn about it because I don't have Nuke and Corona does not support it yet, but I think it has more potential hidden than it seems to have.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2014-11-10, 16:32:27 by juang3d »

2014-11-10, 16:35:27
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
That's deep pixel data, not "deep data". That's 2 completely different things even if it sounds nearly similar. First one is just having an world position pass in your exr. Real deep data means you have multiple (depth) samples per pixel which is a different concept.

[edit]
btw, if you want to, you can try it, download fusion 7 and use vray 3 to render out a exr2 with deep data. It won't work.

2014-11-10, 16:37:54
Reply #5

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
MMM crap then hehehe are you sure that the real deep data is not supported by Fusion?

I don't have a proper way to test it, I'll try to find a render with real deep data, I think Vray supported it, I'll try with the demo.

Anyways... it's great to have Fusion for free!! :D

Cheers.

2014-11-10, 16:58:19
Reply #6

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
MMM crap then hehehe are you sure that the real deep data is not supported by Fusion?

Yes ;) about 101%

2014-11-10, 20:33:56
Reply #7

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's deep pixel data

And it's been in Fusion since version... 5?

2014-11-10, 21:00:52
Reply #8

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, at least quite long ;) Some of the "newer" tools (volume mask and fog) are from 6.x but most of the normal relighting and shading stuff should be from 5 or earlier.