Author Topic: Corona Renderer 1.6 for 3ds Max, Hotfix 1 released!  (Read 16690 times)

2017-05-30, 16:41:24

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Renderer 1.6 for 3ds Max, Hotfix 1 released! Download it here https://corona-renderer.com/download/

Below you will find the list of changes in this release, including the (still experimental) Command Line version of the Corona Image Editor and numerous bug fixes:

- Fixed scatter UV pattern random offset moving all objects only in one direction. Now the objects are properly moved in random directions. Old scenes are preserved via legacy checkbox.
- Added legacy switch to Corona Rounded edges texmap, which switches the behavior back to 1.5
- Fixed drawing of Corona VFB render regions when also using 3ds Max render regions
- Fixed crash caused by zooming in VFB with sharpening+blurring enabled
- Fixed a bug causing low CPU utilization when setting spline scatter random seed
- Fixed NaNs produced by CoronaOutput texmap with extreme gamma settings
- Fixed offset between beauty and alpha channels when using sharpening
- Fixed Corona Proxy crashing in max 2018
- Martin Geupel’s (deadclown) coronaConverter script bundled in the installer updated to version 1.36
   - Fixed: standard lights shadow conversion overwrote already existing CoronaShadows settings
   - Fixed: Mental Ray Multi/Sub-Map slot order
   - Added buttons to enable or disable legacy mode in CoronaRoundEdges map
- Fixed crash when exporting a scene to invalid location
- Fixed occasional crash in Corona Standalone and Corona Image Editor when the license was not activated
- Fixed CoronaBitmap producing artifacts in some cases with HDR maps as light source
- Fixed spelling in tooltips, added translations of new tooltips
- Fixed significant slowdown from Corona VFB when using sharpening
- Fixed converter and init scripts in installer
- FIxed NaNs caused by very small lights far from scene origin

DR

- Fixed incorrect representation of non-ascii characters in camera name on slaves
- Fixed incorrect status report that the remote side (slave) is not responding
- Fixed hang when closing DR server during render
- Fixed DR bug causing warning messages about failing to accumulate EXRs
- Better error reporting when slaves do not have a 3ds Max version capable of rendering received scene

Corona Image Editor

- Added command line version usable for batch image processing - this variant is still experimental and may contain bugs
- Fixed saving PNG files to contain an alpha channel
- Fixed crash when opening curve editor when no image is loaded
- Installer now issues a warning when .cxr and/or .cexr file extensions fail to be associated with Image Editor
- Fixed zooming using mouse wheel not always respecting the cursor position
- Fixed vignetting giving different results from Corona VFB in some cases
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-05-30, 19:47:48
Reply #1

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2017-05-31, 09:22:58
Reply #2

ask3r

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-06-01, 16:52:19
Reply #3

Romas Noreika

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • romasnoreika
Thank you guys :) Amazing work :)
RN

2017-06-02, 00:30:02
Reply #4

studio_vir

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice!!

I don´t know if you guys can help me but there´s a bug in Rebus Farm about Corona since they upgraded to 1.6 and continue in 1.6 hotfix version.

When i send a job to rebus farm, they said that denoise is not working yet.

Can you do something about it.

Thanks a lot!!

Alessandro Giraldi
www.studiovir.com.br

2017-07-24, 12:22:51
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello Alessandro, sorry for the delayed response... Have you already contacted us about this at support@corona-renderer.com, or contacted Rebus Farm support?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-08-04, 13:20:02
Reply #6

laurencechase

• Users
    • View Profile
I too have faced this - I've contacted Rebus support about this twice but they just say they don't know when they'll support it or even if they will. It's incredibly frustrating because I use Corona for everything and the denoiser has become an invaluable part of my workflow, so their lack of support is hindering my projects.

Is there a line of dialogue between Rebus and Corona as to help implement it?

EDIT:

I just found a post by an admin here saying they spoke to Rebus and apparently they're working on it, so that's good news - apologies for not searching first.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-04, 13:24:03 by laurencechase »

2017-08-04, 14:01:13
Reply #7

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi, it is true, we are still communicating with Rebus about this issue. According to Rebus, they are "working on it and it should be done soon".

Meanwhile Rebus should already support rendering with "gather data for later" denoising option and saving to the CXR format. So it should be possible to use that and denoise your renders later in Corona Image Editor.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-04, 14:06:27 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-08-04, 14:09:17
Reply #8

Marcus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Subdivision
Hi, it is true, we are still communicating with Rebus about this issue. According to Rebus, they are "working on it and it should be done soon".

Meanwhile Rebus should already support rendering with "gather data for later" denoising option and saving to the CXR format. So it should be possible to use that and denoise your renders later in Corona Image Editor.

I can confirm this. Works like a charm yesterday.

Best,
Marcus

2017-08-04, 14:14:04
Reply #9

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile

I can confirm this. Works like a charm yesterday.

Best,
Marcus
Thanks for the confirmation. :-) Now we know it for sure.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-08-08, 15:04:43
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I was just informed by Rebus support that all denoising modes are supported for Corona Renderer 1.6. If anyone still have problems with it, make sure that you are using the newest version of Corona and Rebus software.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us