Author Topic: I need help with Glass material  (Read 14387 times)

2014-07-03, 14:08:41

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am rendering A interior ....with curtain walls.... you can see  images
however problem is when i am rendering curtain wall with glass material  with no thickness to glass  and ( Thin (no refraction)) no i am able to render it with Sunlight in side hall.
But when i am rendering with 10mm thickness to my glass And turning Off  ( Thin (no refraction)) i couldn't able to see sunlight in side hall ..can any one  help me what i am do wrong here
i want sunlight in  hall ..at the same time i want my glass some thickness TOO...Can any one help  me here

2014-07-03, 20:26:02
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
If you do not use thin, then your windows need to have some thickness. That means two faces, front and back, not just one. Otherwise, Corona will think that anything behind that window is full of glass, not air ;) And that glass then bends the light from sun away.

2014-07-03, 21:14:15
Reply #2

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you do not use thin, then your windows need to have some thickness. That means two faces, front and back, not just one. Otherwise, Corona will think that anything behind that window is full of glass, not air ;) And that glass then bends the light from sun away.
Hi Rawalanche
i have done same thing when i use thin with single plane there is no problem....with sun light...as i have shown in image
however when i  use two faces (or some  thickness ) with no thin on....sun light could not pass through glass........
here what i want is sunlight in  hall  with some thickness to glass with thin OFF

2014-07-03, 21:17:56
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Then you have either some more faces there, possibly coplanar ones. Or maybe you have inverted normals.

2014-07-03, 21:49:03
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You are not using the "Caustics (slow)" option, huh?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-07-04, 12:40:51
Reply #5

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Then you have either some more faces there, possibly coplanar ones. Or maybe you have inverted normals.
No coplanar  however one with portal and again it is faraway form this glass.......No inverted normals

2014-07-04, 12:41:57
Reply #6

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You are not using the "Caustics (slow)" option, huh?
yes i tried it BUT No use....

2014-07-04, 15:55:10
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you try reproducing this "bug" in a more simple scene and sharing it? I tried and all kind of glass let sunlight through. Only when caustics are enabled there are some problems.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-07-04, 20:05:22
Reply #8

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you try reproducing this "bug" in a more simple scene and sharing it? I tried and all kind of glass let sunlight through. Only when caustics are enabled there are some problems.
Ok maru I will

2014-07-05, 14:11:26
Reply #9

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if there is nothing behind your windows, why u even make glass ?
Nothing from inside reflect in them.

2014-07-05, 14:42:31
Reply #10

omeso100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi everyone im working on the  project "Test 2" above
what i'm trying to achieve high glossy doors like whats on jpg A and still retaine white has the diffuse colour.  timber veneer  to have a finish like jpg B could someone please advice

2014-07-05, 15:37:00
Reply #11

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You have to take into account your reference is from angle, therefore fresnel makes the specular reflection more prominent.

In real-life, this is coated material. It's semi-glossy rather rough (vynil/paper/woodchip/etc..) surface, spraypainted with glossy coat (usually  Polyurethane in 1 to 3 layers).
So more complex scenario is to do blend material with each having correct reflective curve (or higher IOR for coat in simpler way).

Simplest is to simply rise the fresnel IOR from 1.52 to to something like 2-3.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-07-05, 16:36:20
Reply #12

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj I have a question for you about reflections.

How do you make reflections in your renders so clear and sharp?

e.x. here https://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/66515785/hd/eddde03d5346f3d71974b71ab3f39cb4.jpg

Is this matter of render settings, render time (in corona) or smth else?

2014-07-05, 17:22:17
Reply #13

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj I have a question for you about reflections.

How do you make reflections in your renders so clear and sharp?

e.x. here https://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/66515785/hd/eddde03d5346f3d71974b71ab3f39cb4.jpg

Is this matter of render settings, render time (in corona) or smth else?
Use portals where ever necessary .... it will take care about 50% of it   remaining 50% is to cook it some more time..HAHAHA

2014-07-05, 17:24:00
Reply #14

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if there is nothing behind your windows, why u even make glass ?
Nothing from inside reflect in them.
its Only example