Author Topic: Inconsistency between rendered image and picture viewer  (Read 2406 times)

2017-12-06, 19:51:14

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I posted about this in the general thread, https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18491.0 but it's worth repeating here:

There is disparity between the Cinema4d picture viewer and final render, where the final rendered image is more 'washed-out' in all formats/bitdepths.

2017-12-06, 21:31:27
Reply #1

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can confirm.  This little bug has been present for a long time.

-Shane

2017-12-18, 16:05:58
Reply #2

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I posted about this in the general thread, https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18491.0 but it's worth repeating here:

There is disparity between the Cinema4d picture viewer and final render, where the final rendered image is more 'washed-out' in all formats/bitdepths.
Hi,

can you please send us a screenshot of "Picture Viewer -> Info" tab of your rendered image?

Thank you
Nikola

2017-12-18, 16:38:59
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Looks like classic out-of-gamut color management issue.

Cinema4D like 3dsMax is non colormanaged application. So everything you see inside it, is magnified to your full monitor gamut spectrum because Cinema doesn't communicate to system (Windows or other) that it only displays sRGB colors.

The 'washed-out' look is actually the true color. You can get the same over-saturated look by simply applying wider-gamut profile in Photoshop on top. For example assign AdobeRGB. Just tested it in PS and got your original look.

What monitor do you have ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-12-18, 20:05:54
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
should be specified... it's a mac issue

2017-12-18, 20:34:23
Reply #5

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here are some images.  In the side by side comparison you can see quite a difference.  A slight difference in the dark areas when the images are saved out.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-18, 20:44:38 by shane_w »