Author Topic: Pixar and RT demo  (Read 6942 times)

2013-08-27, 00:21:50

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2013-08-27, 00:35:39
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Just wait for Corona interactive :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-08-27, 09:25:59
Reply #2

hglr123

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Interactive will beeeeee coooooooooll :)

2013-08-27, 10:36:58
Reply #3

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2013-08-27, 10:40:44
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
At about 2:20 he started moving the sunlight and there was no visible reaction in GI. There has to be a lot of fakes here. And you probably need a high end gpu for this to work. I don't find it impressive.

And about reflection/refraction effects - you can achieve this in nitrous:
http://www.frogsinspace.at/?p=759
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-08-27, 15:03:12
Reply #5

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
At about 2:20 he started moving the sunlight and there was no visible reaction in GI. There has to be a lot of fakes here. And you probably need a high end gpu for this to work. I don't find it impressive.

Nitrous is fine, but I still somehow prefer DX11 viewport and shaders in maya...

2013-08-27, 16:16:23
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

I think actually most of the video is with no GI - you can see 100% dark shadows. What interests me more is the "same assets as final shot on GPU".
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-08-27, 18:53:27
Reply #7

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think actually most of the video is with no GI - you can see 100% dark shadows. What interests me more is the "same assets as final shot on GPU".
I believe OpenSubDiv 2.0 is supposed to include direct ray tracing of catmull clark patches. Is it possible that that's what they're doing? Could they have collaborated with NVidia to add something like that to Optix? Hmm, hmm.

2013-08-27, 20:27:06
Reply #8

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Production assets, why not? This all gpu stuff is great as an previewing technology for animators, modeling, texturing and lighting artists.. Opensubdivs helps with realtime geometry subdivisions and DX11 with realtime displacements using gpus... But imagining pixar or others using gpus for production rendering with thousands and more of objects and textures and whatnot......

2013-08-31, 23:52:25
Reply #9

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
He does mention "production" assets but I think it's still only inside limited scenery. Even the newest gen Quadro featuring pretty nice 12GB isn't enough for most Pixar scenes, which can easily quadruple that size for complex environments.

But, whatever the case with this latest nVidia marketing bullshit, it's nice to see tech progressing.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!