Author Topic: CGcookie does a Corona Introduction  (Read 9229 times)

2014-03-31, 11:36:25

rew

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blogspot
This tutorial popped up at the weekend & might be of interest.

http://cgcookie.com/max/2014/03/28/corona-renderer-introduction/
rew

2014-03-31, 11:44:56
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yes, it has been posted already and i would again suggest to avoid it. It's full of wrong examples and bad workflows. I do not see how a professional tutorial site can post up a tutorial where person is obviously using software for the first time. If it was review, then maybe, but tutorial, definitely not.

2014-03-31, 11:56:16
Reply #2

rew

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blogspot
Thanks thats good to know, I wasn't sure it had been seen or reviewed by the Corona team as I hadnt seen any info on it on the forum. Please feel free to remove this link!! :)   
rew

2014-04-01, 04:53:35
Reply #3

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, it has been posted already and i would again suggest to avoid it. It's full of wrong examples and bad workflows. I do not see how a professional tutorial site can post up a tutorial where person is obviously using software for the first time. If it was review, then maybe, but tutorial, definitely not.
True, I watched a few minutes only here and there, they was mistakes in any kind of aspect (terminology, uses,...)

2014-04-01, 17:16:53
Reply #4

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
IMO it isn't so bad for newbies. Where are so " big, wrong examples"?

2014-04-08, 02:28:16
Reply #5

Adam G.R

• Users
  • Particle Flow addict.
    • View Profile
I wouldn't say it was wrong, I just think that he needs to improve his English. The terminology was rather bad and the examples also, but maybe he will do more work involving corona in the future with better examples :)

2014-04-08, 11:24:01
Reply #6

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I wouldn't say it was wrong, I just think that he needs to improve his English. The terminology was rather bad and the examples also, but maybe he will do more work involving corona in the future with better examples :)

It was very wrong...  Enabling photographic exposure, then wondering why exposure parameter does not work, and compensating it by going under 1 with highlight compression value... that is very, very wrong... ;) I really hope no one will adapt such workflow.

But, of course... he also made a good point about usability... that we should move "Enable photographic exposure checkbox" over to the global camera settings :)

2014-04-08, 11:26:27
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It was very wrong...  Enabling photographic exposure, then wondering why exposure parameter does not work, and compensating it by going under 1 with highlight compression value... that is very, very wrong... ;) I really hope no one will adapt such workflow.

You should make better tutorials instead of hoping ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-04-08, 16:22:30
Reply #8

HLeandre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rawalanche, I'm looking forward to following your tutorial.

2014-08-03, 16:47:15
Reply #9

redlad

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi Rawalanche,

Would you have any pointers to the correct workflow if this one is so bad?

2014-12-09, 01:30:06
Reply #10

siadebisi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would be glad to find "the right" tutorials, too. It would be nice if you could post some links where we can find something for lighting and materialsetup. Until now i found the chocofur intro and your Videos at youtube, but maybe there are some others :)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-09, 01:36:24 by siadebisi »