Author Topic: DR strange shifted problem  (Read 2599 times)

2015-09-06, 02:35:34

artmaknev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • about me
Everything was okay, I think until I tried to play with over the internet backburner setup and used VPNs.  Now for some reason Corona is unable to find my render nodes automatically (I have to manually write the IPs), but strangest thing is the shifted pixel rendering, it seems that each node is rendering at a slightly different location and the final result looks blurry. 

I tried everything I think, removed all camera shifts, the example is using no camera just a perspective render.  All paths are correct, nothing is missing, all corona installs are same versions, licensed is paid... not sure what is happening?! 

Its really strange, because top of image looks fine, but the bottom you can clearly see the blurring.

By the way, vray can find render nodes automatically and renders fine, so I think it is just Corona problem, not the networking.

Any ideas?

2015-09-07, 12:04:47
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I tried everything I think, removed all camera shifts, the example is using no camera just a perspective render.

There is definitely a bug related to perspective view and DR, I only can confirm that "pixel shift". Workaround for me was using a camera. Because of the fact that almost all scenes (including mine :) use a camera it may has been undiscovered by most people. Had no time to track the bug down and report it properly, but I sumbitted a similar report which is surely related to this problem on mantis already in April(!) this year - no response or even assingment so far:

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=910

Well that was Corona 1.00 and I havenĀ“t testet it with any current version yet.

You said, you had that pixel shifts also using a camera? Can you confirm that again?

As for your VPN: My Guess is that you have a routed VPN, not a bridged one so that network broadcasts packets do not reach all nodes (I think broadcasts is what Corona uses to find render nodes). This is a common setup to minimize network traffic. In this case the local network IP differs from the remote one and broadcasts do not work, you have to manually assign the IPs as you did it.

Good Luck!

P.S.: Topic should be moved to bug reporting -> dr bugs

« Last Edit: 2015-09-07, 15:51:24 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2015-09-07, 14:51:59
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Artmaknev,

DR not discovering nodes - are you using some antivirus/firewall that might be blocking them? Take a look here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666 ("1. My render nodes are not visible on the list after pressing "Search LAN""). Maybe you will find some helpful hint there. It also says "Sometimes even after enabling, it won't work - in that case entering slave addresses manually is necessary." - this seems to be the case, however I cannot recall a case like this before. :)

Also, please make sure that on each PC you are using exactly the same versions (including updates/service packs) of:
-MS Windows
-3ds Max
-Corona
-Corona DrServer
-Backburner

Pixel shift - you mentioned that you were using some kind of camera correction. What kind? Was it max camera (physical or not?) with camera correction modifier? Was it a Vray cam?

If you are using a camera with camera correction modifier and you go to perspective directly from that camera, the camera correction modifier will still be applied to the perspective view! (Autodesk ;) ) Can you check if this is not happening? The easiest way is to create a new camera (but not from current view! just from command panel).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-09-24, 18:21:39
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
are you using camera, or free view? If camera, what type, what modifiers?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-10-22, 20:06:11
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Old inactive topic + there are some new error messages when using unsupported DR features -> moving to resolved. But let me know if you still can reproduce the problem in latest dailies
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)