Author Topic: Blender Exporter v3 released  (Read 161250 times)

2020-01-16, 20:31:47
Reply #150

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
At the moment it is just getting a few sample scenes exporting correctly. Ideally I would like a few scenes that tests all nodes then another few that tests lights/meshes/modifiers. I can then include them in the tests I already run

2020-03-03, 10:06:56
Reply #151

PetrT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Make some changes for main node UI.
Offer this variant for Blender 2.83

2020-03-03, 20:42:45
Reply #152

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
oh, I totally forgot...

At the moment it is just getting a few sample scenes exporting correctly. Ideally I would like a few scenes that tests all nodes then another few that tests lights/meshes/modifiers. I can then include them in the tests I already run
Well,
- modifiers don't work yet...
- not all nodes are available in Shader editor at the moment...
- sometimes Node tree (in Shader editor) goes "dumb" & stops accepting all changes. The only solution then is to start a new & click that "Add Corona Material Node Tree"

About those scenes: Would ready-set to render w/ Cycles/EEVEE suffice?

How are things otherwise?
Do you develop on your machine and push after you're OK with it?
Cuz I don't see any commits or changes on bitbucket & IMHO, it would be better to move on in small steps (occasional commits, just like w/ BlendLuxCore), otherwise any single larger commit is overwhelming and takes quite some time... First to get back on track and then to recognize and test the new stuff. 
So I can assume there's  no to-do list ready yet (nobody else is making one?) and you simply "come as you are..."
cheers
;)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-03, 20:46:13 by burnin »

2020-03-03, 21:23:26
Reply #153

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the list of things that don't work.  I am not actively using blender at the moment (too many other things happening) so any info on what doesn't work is great.

Ideally scenes that are as simple as possible that demonstrate it broken work best. I can then include them in the tests once it is fixed so we don't see the same issue come up again later.

So far I have been the only developer really so yeah I have been just working locally.  Once another dev is working if we each work on a branch per feature it makes merging keeping track of everything a lot easier.

Feel free to add a todo list to the current doco, I think I can add you as a member to the blender project.  Unfortunately my time is limited to less than 5 hours per week at the moment.

2020-03-20, 03:33:16
Reply #154

pilipim

• Users
    • View Profile
Почему не создается полноценная интеграция? Я не готов платить за КоронаРендер для 3д макс. И не готов изучать ещё и Синема 4д. Но готов заплатить за корону для блендер.

Видимо проще освоить cycles для интерьеров, чем пытаться засунуть туда Корону :?

Why is not full integration created? I am not ready to pay for Corona Render for 3D max. And I’m not ready to study Cinema 4d. But ready to pay for the crown for the blender.

Apparently easier to master cycles for interiors than trying to put the Corona Render in blender :?

2020-03-27, 02:12:57
Reply #155

deanvduist

• Users
    • View Profile
When can we expect a fully integrated version for blender 2.8x? The blender community is full of Archi-Viz people waiting to get their hands on it :( 

2020-03-27, 10:18:51
Reply #156

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When can we expect a fully integrated version for blender 2.8x? The blender community is full of Archi-Viz people waiting to get their hands on it :(
If you would take a moment of your precious time and read posts above, all your questions would likely be answered and a thought might flow by passing through your mind: "Who is really waiting, doing nothing... but just staying locked at home, dreaming, imagining what memories had left for mind to construct..."

Right? What is left?
Well, game on!

;)

& BTW - New Standalone version is in works, supposedly to hit us in upcoming Chaos Days.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-27, 10:22:19 by burnin »

2020-03-27, 16:37:22
Reply #157

deanvduist

• Users
    • View Profile
I've read the whole forum and been following eagerly for the last 8 months. Didn't think it was an invalid question especially now. I understand the whole issue with blender and open source. I also appreciate blanchg's time very much. You saying standalone might come soon is news to me so at least I got something from my question >:). Also I think a lot of people are just staying at home....dreaming, imagining.....what blender and corona could be :)  Cheers

2020-03-27, 22:23:14
Reply #158

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let's see what the new standalone brings.

2020-04-08, 21:04:02
Reply #159

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would you like consider to ask for help with bringing exporter to 2.8 on blender artist forum? Maybe we could make some chip in for you guys to speed up the whole process?

2020-05-07, 22:04:35
Reply #160

Omnimorphic

• Users
    • View Profile
Following with interest.

2020-08-04, 15:43:19
Reply #161

leandro_cs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let's see what the new standalone brings.

Hi Glen, hope you're fine.
Any news about the new standalone?
Do you still working on porting Corona to Blender 2.8?

2020-08-04, 18:51:53
Reply #162

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New standalone comes with v6 release.

Also, a bit off-beat...
since I'm observing devs time getting scarcer by the day...
I believe this global "mental lockdown" is taking largest byte of devs time - for real, they're getting the hardest beating. Novel Virus is a blamage. Just revise your history to see how a century ago Industry 1.0, with new organisms (bacteria), cures, machines and ideas that were about to change everything, were dismantling hyped society through ignorance - birth of nations, futurism & populism... now going for the Ind. v4.0 upgrade. ;)

2020-09-21, 16:24:16
Reply #163

K34

• Users
    • View Profile
So no news no info about any update for Blender 2.8...It's basicaly dead at this point!

2020-09-22, 20:47:19
Reply #164

mirokurcik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
https://blog.corona-renderer.com/behind-the-scenes-what-now-after-corona-renderer-6/

The improved standalone format opens up the potential for it to be utilized with exporters from other platforms such as Blender (we are thinking about helping the development of the third-party open source Corona Exporter from Blender).