Author Topic: understanding Save "Compositing Project File"  (Read 590 times)

2023-06-26, 21:48:16

caspian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there. I'm about to export an image sequence for AE with an alpha channel. Normally I just export TIFs. What is the difference between checking the Alpha Channel, Straight Alpha and Separate Alpha?

Today I noticed that under the Corona Save is a Compositing Project File section. Can someone explain what this bit does. I tried looking it up in the Help but didn't find anything.

Thanks
C4D 2023 / Corona 9 / Mac 12.6

2023-07-05, 18:37:23
Reply #1

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One tip for C4D is to right-click on any item in a window and choose "Show Help." This will open the help doc and scroll to that specific command.

In most cases, you'll want to choose Straight Alpha. Something about avoiding darker edges when you composite. The Compositing Project can be handy if you have many multi-pass layers in your render. For example, if you go to the detail of using a separate pass for shadows, highlights, reflections, etc., and you choose After Effects for example, when you import it into your project, it will make a comp with all your layers stacked with the appropriate layer mode set already. Just saves time so you don't have to drag them all in and figure out what mode to use.

2023-07-10, 08:35:39
Reply #2

caspian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you.
C4D 2023 / Corona 9 / Mac 12.6