Author Topic: Camera modifier panel  (Read 2515 times)

2018-09-17, 03:44:41

louisryko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'd be a really great time saver to have the ability to modify the corona camera parameters when either (or both) the camera or target is selected.

Currently, it takes 3DS Max a long time to load the modifier panel for the corona camera, and when I have both the camera and target selected I cannot edit the camera settings. I have to unselect the target and then wait for the modifier panel to then update.

So why can't we have the modifiers available when either the target is selected (seeing as the target can only be associated with a single camera anyway) or both the camera and target are selected?

Just a thought, would love to hear others opinions.

2018-09-17, 09:12:31
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not an expert, but i think it's impossible in 3ds max.

Also, why not to use CoronaCamera instead of camera modifier? CoronaCam is much more advanced and convenient to use.

Lastly, did you try CoronaCam lister script by Christa Noel? It looks that it does exactly what you need. https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=21162.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-09-17, 09:23:51
Reply #2

louisryko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Apologies, I think I misled... I'm not using Corona Camera modifier. I just meant that the 'modify' panel (for Corona Camera object) is slow.

Shame that it might be impossible. It's such a pain to have camera + target selected, attempt to modify a setting and the remember that I first I have to deselect and then wait for the bloody modify panel to load.

2018-09-17, 10:25:39
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
How long does it take camera modify panel to load? Is it only CoronaCamera or 3ds max modify panel in general that is laggy?

Edit: for me CoronaCamera modify panel takes about 0,3-0,5 seconds to load - i find it acceptable.

2018-09-17, 12:36:26
Reply #4

louisryko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How long does it take camera modify panel to load? Is it only CoronaCamera or 3ds max modify panel in general that is laggy?

Edit: for me CoronaCamera modify panel takes about 0,3-0,5 seconds to load - i find it acceptable.

Mine takes around 5 seconds to load. Not horrible, but certainly frustrating...

2018-09-17, 14:55:27
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Five seconds is awefully long. Surely there's something not right. If it's only happening with CoronaCamera, then file a bug report or open support ticket.

2018-09-17, 15:00:53
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think that's been already requested, and the answer is sadly that it's a 3ds max limitation.

If you are experiencing some slowdown with the Corona Camera (e.g. the modify panel loading slowly), please contact us about it at https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
Do other panels load fine? (e.g. if you select a teapot, or light, or editable poly,...)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-09-17, 17:08:50
Reply #7

karnak

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I also think that something is not right, five seconds is too much.

Anyway, I want to mention that with maxscript you can change the CoronaCamera properties even if the Command Panel is in Create mode, and you can do this with only the camera selected, only the target selected or both.
Corona Academy (May 2017)