General Category > Gallery

Stahl House - Case Study House #22

(1/2) > >>

Giona:

As a huge fan of the Case Study Houses program that took place in America between 1945 and mid '60s, I wanted to digitally recreate one of the most iconic houses: the Stahl House designed by architect Pierre Koenig in 1959, located in the Hollywood Hills of Los Angeles.

From the same point of view, I tried different light conditions and color grading to see how the shadows generated by the architecture and its surroundings affect the mood of the scene.

I was inspired by the black and white photographs of the master Julius Shulman, but I also added my own touch with the use of colored artificial lights to create an almost sci-fi mood.

Structural detail.

Hopefully the film rolls in the next picture are not burned by the sunlight..

Complete project on my Behance profile: https://www.behance.net/gallery/171853705/Stahl-House-Case-Study-House-22
Technical info:

Modeled with 3ds Max, a mix of iToo Forest Pack and Corona Scatter.
Some elements textured with Substance Designer/Painter.
Clouds from the Corona Sky.

aaouviz:
Holy shit, these are incredible mate!

(Some are photos, right!?)

Great job, well done!

Giona:

--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2023-06-05, 11:17:23 ---Holy shit, these are incredible mate!

(Some are photos, right!?)

Great job, well done!

--- End quote ---

Thanks mate!
Well, the only photographic part is the night city and the city you see on the left side of the first black and white image. I ended up replacing it with a mix of photos. Sometimes it's ok to cheat a bit :)

aaouviz:
Damn, well you fooled me. That's rare.

Well done.

Philip kelly:
I saw these and ended up buying the Case Study Houses book. very good value at €18 online.
Some great designs.
I wonder has anybody built any of these designs with modern material.
The kitchen is always a seperate room in those days, now is integrated more to everyday life.
I had come across them before  but your images are great.
God is in the detail as they say.
Well done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version