Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Texture Scaling Issue in Corona Renderer for 3ds Max

(1/3) > >>

crer:
Hi everyone! I'm currently using Corona Renderer with 3ds Max, and I'm facing an issue related to texture scaling (although I may be mistaken and the problem could lie elsewhere). I'm experiencing this problem both in the Slate Material Editor and the viewport.

Here's a visual representation of the issue I'm encountering:

As you can see, when I select a material from the Corona Material Library, the preview of the object's texture in the Slate Material Editor doesn't appear as intended.

Unfortunately, the problem worsens when I apply the map to the object in the viewport, as shown in the following picture:

I've tried various troubleshooting techniques, such as checking the real-world map size, unwrapping the box, and using UVW mapping. However, none of these attempts have successfully resolved the issue.

I'm feeling quite perplexed at the moment. I'm uncertain whether this problem is related to the scale of the texture or if it's a tile size problem or ... Despite my efforts to find a solution, including watching numerous YouTube videos, I haven't made any progress.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions you may have to help me address this issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

romullus:
Hi,

Make sure that real-world map size is checked when you create new primitive, or apply UVW map, chose appropriate mapping and check real-world in its settings. That should fix the issue. It's worth noting that if you're using color correct, or other node between bitmap and material, then correct mapping will only be visible in the rendered output, but preview in material editor and in the viewport will most likely look incorrect. I believe this issue has been fixed in Corona 10, but if you're using older version, you will have to live with that, since there's nothing you can do about it.

maru:
Check this out: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=20616.0

crer:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2023-05-30, 15:31:28 ---Hi,

Make sure that real-world map size is checked when you create new primitive, or apply UVW map, chose appropriate mapping and check real-world in its settings. That should fix the issue. It's worth noting that if you're using color correct, or other node between bitmap and material, then correct mapping will only be visible in the rendered output, but preview in material editor and in the viewport will most likely look incorrect. I believe this issue has been fixed in Corona 10, but if you're using older version, you will have to live with that, since there's nothing you can do about it.

--- End quote ---

Hi romullus,

Thank you for your previous response and guidance. I followed your instructions, but unfortunately, the issue I was experiencing with the texture scale in the viewport of 3ds Max still persists. I'm attaching a picture to help illustrate the problem:

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I was wondering if you could kindly provide me with a step-by-step guide to ensure I'm following the correct process correctly. I'm a bit confused, and having a detailed explanation would greatly assist me in resolving this issue.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

romullus:
Sure, no problem. Here's short video showing how it works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version