Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Very very slow development of new version of Corona, why?

<< < (2/5) > >>

aler:
Interesting observations. It is interesting to read and the comments made may not be without meaning... :)
By the way, a little information for a change and for thought (and that was 14 years ago):

Stefan-L:
i had and used fryrender, and to be fair there should be some more info to this marketing video of fry:

1) this was a paid addon not part of the normal engine (i think200- 300 extra)
2) you needed to prerender a bigger number of passes, which was very time consuming.

so even if the video looks cool, this was never be usable in production due the huge prepare and setup time.

overall i think Corona does pretty well. if course i hope it get connected to the other chaos products better(like Vantage, chaos cloud, enscape conversions)

davetwo:
I concur with Evan - the corona development is regular and reliable. Its easily the most pleasent and pleasing engine to work with IMHO.
If you would rather to use a game engine instead, there's nothing stopping you. Personally I dont think the user cases are the same - not for my work anyway

TomG:
No "end of life" going on here :) Corona continues to develop at the same pace it always did, see previous comment on mature products just feeling like they develop more slowly due to things feeling less "groundbreaking/amazing" compared to the earlier days. And also see comment, if you see a feature in another engine (or even one you just think up), send it in as a feature request on the relevant board here in the forum. That's how you achieve "the changes you'd like to see"; rather than saying "Development feels faster on Software X" tell us what is being added to Software X that you feel you'd benefit from in Corona. Thanks!

aler:

--- Quote from: Stefan-L on 2023-05-22, 10:40:05 ---i had and used fryrender, and to be fair there should be some more info to this marketing video of fry...

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the extended information :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version