General Category > General CG Discussion

AI what are peoples thoughts ? I think we are in for big change.

(1/6) > >>

JoeS:
Over the last 12 months I have been using and researching AI ie MJ, Dall E etc, and Archviz has been my career for the last 20 years. With the latest advancement's in AI tech, it seems to me the industry may no longer require 3D artists within the next 24 months. Revit now has AI implemented into the program at an early stage but with some amazing first steps. Also some Viz studios in Australia have started to produce renders that have a mixture of both 3D and AI. I have also recently seen multiple architects start to use AI also with amazing results. I guess what I am trying to say is I think Ai is going to change the whole game in my industry and many many more. Being able to produce images in a fraction of the time, cost and experience etc really is a game changer.

What are peoples thoughts on this ? It would be great to hear from the Chaos crew.

Cheers

romullus:

--- Quote from: JoeS on 2023-03-29, 03:01:07 ---What are peoples thoughts on this ? It would be great to hear from the Chaos crew.

--- End quote ---

Rumour has it that entire Corona crew has been replaced by AI already...

Juraj:
I am fascinated by AI as well, in most positive way and I use ChatGPT almost semi-daily now. It's DEFINITELY NOT  gonna replace artists in next 24 months :- ). It might sweep the floor so to say as any tech advancement usually does, but it will continue to be cumbersome, require decent knowledge to use to best potential, and the best potential will stay to be "almost, but not exactly". Will not even touch the high-end part of industry (in negative way).

With the said..I wouldn't want to be a journalist or illustrator, that's for sure.

Juraj:
Christ I just logged into LinkedIn after 5 years and it's 99perc. AI renderings on Front Page :- DDD Total Apocalypse.

dj_buckley:

--- Quote from: JoeS on 2023-03-29, 03:01:07 ---Over the last 12 months I have been using and researching AI ie MJ, Dall E etc, and Archviz has been my career for the last 20 years. With the latest advancement's in AI tech, it seems to me the industry may no longer require 3D artists within the next 24 months. Revit now has AI implemented into the program at an early stage but with some amazing first steps. Also some Viz studios in Australia have started to produce renders that have a mixture of both 3D and AI. I have also recently seen multiple architects start to use AI also with amazing results. I guess what I am trying to say is I think Ai is going to change the whole game in my industry and many many more. Being able to produce images in a fraction of the time, cost and experience etc really is a game changer.

What are peoples thoughts on this ? It would be great to hear from the Chaos crew.

Cheers

--- End quote ---

Those companies in Australia are simply uploading their own existing CGI's and adding some extra prompts to generate fresh images in the style of their own work.  So in that respect it's pretty meaningless.  The only benefit padding your portfolio with something you've technically not made, knowing that potential clients won't query it.

It's a great tool for concepting and creating reference, but at the minute not much beyond that. When it starts to take clients 3d models and very very specific instructions, i.e. drop the ceiling 250mm, add uplighters to every other column and change that chair and move it 500mm to the left rotated slightly towards camera.  That's when we need to start looking at how to leverage it to keep getting paid.

Going back to 'taking client 3d models" even then you're relying on the clients models, which we all know isn't always their strong point.

There are loads of other instances in my day to day work that I currently can't do with AI.

Remember when Lumion/Twinmotion were meant to make the industry obsolete?

I'm still not sure where I stand on ethics of it all, with it being trained on stolen content and all that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version