Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

Tonemapping settings inheritance broken

(1/3) > >>

John_Do:
Hi,

I think that with the new Tonemapping stack and the way it's implemented in the C4D Render Settings ( in Camera/Postprocessing tab ), the native C4D settings inheritance doesn't work anymore. I would like someone else to confirm but on my side it is the case, and it even seems logical since the Tonemapping settings are now contained in their own "space" and not visible in the tab itself.

If it is confirmed, is it fixable ? This feature is quite useful to manage engine settings and output size / format in a granular way, yet easy.

Thanks

Beanzvision:
Hi there, does ''Copy from render settings'' in the camera tag update it for you? ;)

John_Do:
Hi Bengamin, that's the issue, I don't always use a Corona Camera Tag and in any case it should work without it. I want to handle the post processing at the scene level and parent the various format output to this setting. If Camera tag are used it's only for exposure adjustment.

bnji:
What is exactly what you're looking for?
Could you explain your workflow a little more so we can understand better what you mean by "the native C4D settings inheritance doesn't work anymore"?
Thanks.

John_Do:

--- Quote from: bnji on 2023-02-14, 08:41:28 ---What is exactly what you're looking for?
Could you explain your workflow a little more so we can understand better what you mean by "the native C4D settings inheritance doesn't work anymore"?
Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Hi Benjamin,

I want that Corona follows the native behavior of C4D render settings like the versions before the tonemapping stack was introduced.

If I modify a setting in the parent, the children should inherit the new value.

Here is a demo of the current behavior with a dummy scene :

Like I wrote, it is the only setting where inheritance doesn't work, and it should work. I usually change Corona settings in the parent RS and use children to output various image format, as well as multiple output paths. This feature is quite useful to easily handle different rendering scenarios i.e. separate Corona settings from image dimensions or output settings etc. Used in combination with render tokens and takes it makes a powerful render management system without the need of a specific software or plugin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version